Chapter 33

"Hey man, it's me. Again. I just called to tell you that I really need your help. Call me as soon as possible.... I miss you," Elliot whispered the last part. It broke my heart to see him so vulnerable. I would have dragged Adrian's ass back to the castle and locked him in the dungeons, if it would make Elliot happy.

"Elliot, it's done," the lady, Isla, said. I didn't like how close she was to Elliot but I felt smug because he has eyes for only one girl. Me. Isla was here to help me jump back into my original body. Elliot had it dug up from the graveyard- I know it's creepy- but it was in perfect condition as he had a witch cast a spell to keep my body from decaying.

Elliot nodded stiffly and took my hand in his and we say down next to Isla. She started chanting a spell and the air around us seemingly thickened, creating tension. The spell sounded familiar. I must have heard Kiel doing it maybe. All of a sudden I felt a surge of power course through my veins.

Elliot's image appeared in my head and then it shattered. I opened my eyes only to see both of them giving me expectant looks. "What?" I asked. I hate being clueless. Every class has that one really dumb student and I hate being that.

"I linked you to Elliot," she grinned.

I frowned in confusion. I didn't understand what she said but I have a feeling that I'm not going to like it. I looked at my body. Well, Cara's body. It was lying on the opposite side of the room. I'm in my body.

Milan fucking Chandler's body.

This time it's not an optical illusion. This time it's real. "Every werewolf marks his mate, as in he bites her on her neck and that way they are always connected. Isla performed a spell which basically bound your life to mine. Meaning that now you're now bound to another immortal, me," Elliot explained warily. He looked at me as if he was expecting me to lash out and call him dumb. I really surprised him.

"Okay," I shrugged.

Isla left us alone. It's just Elliot and me. I never imagined that one day I would be able to feel awkward around Elliot. The smartass bows down in front of the jackass? Never. "Milan," Elliot said, pulling me out of my train of thoughts. I swear, I daydream more than I think. "Our little tradition," he smiled, handing me a box.

I really look different. Just as I was about to put on the silver necklace I was given by Elliot, he appeared out of nowhere and said, "perfect". I blushed and thanked him and that's when he laughed and said that was for himself. "But you look beautiful, my love" he said when I pouted and placed the cold silver on my neck and kissed the crook of my neck. I blushed at our reflection.

I opened it and laughed. It was a diamond choker that complimented my dress well. I have to admit, Elliot's sense of fashion is better than mine. The dress was a black one with thin straps, a low neck and it had a black leather belt giving me a badass look.

Elliot, on the other hand, wore his signature full black suit. We look nice together, I have to admit. Hmm, self praise is the best. No one else does it so I gotta praise myself, right? "A king only bows down in front of three people," Elliot said, still examining himself in the mirror.

"Who?" I smiled.

"One, The moon goddess," he said. Of course, everyone loves the goddess. She's responsible for giving everyone mates. Humans too get soulmates but theirs can be in the form of a friend, a dog or even a book. I can't thank her enough for giving me Elliot. He's not perfect but he's perfect for me.

"Two, his mother," he said. I smiled sadly. His mother died when he was young. I was never really told how she died and I didn't have the courage to ask. Elliot loved his mom a lot. Hence, he felt so betrayed when king Thanatos married Emily.