Chapter 16

"Ezekiel Gabriel" he said.

I shook his hand and pulled back immediately. "You're the King's elder son?" I asked with shock. His eyes were like crystals- clear and beautiful. They were so blue and filled with sadness. How can someone as kind hearted as him be related to Elliot?

"Yes. Now, have you ever been in love, Imani?" he smiled sadly. I felt so bad for him. I nodded my head at him. I can't love him. He looked at me in amusement before placing the palm of his hands on my eyes, preventing me from being able to see. "Tell me miss, do you have that one person that makes your heart beat race just by one look?"

His blue eyes with flecks of grey flashed in my mind.

"You're falling for the man in your thoughts. I know it. I've experienced it, Imani. It can fix all your problems, give you a reason to live but be careful. You might get hurt. I know that cause I've been through all that shit." he smiled sadly. He looked so broken. How could someone ever hurt him?

"Why is everyone scared of you?" I asked absentmindedly. He chuckled and nodded his head towards the umm prostitute waiting for him in just a robe. "Duty calls, sweetheart. See you around" he winked and left. Ezekiel. Hmm, nice name.

Someone came from behind and put their hand around my waist. I felt those familiar tingles. Within a second I was in Elliot and my room. He slammed me against the wall and growled with rage.

"YOU ARE MINE, little mate. Don't talk to that son of a bitch. He'll manipulate you and break you in a way that even I won't be able to fix you. Stay away from him and never make eye contact. I know you hate me Milan but I don't have a choice, baby. I won't be able to focus if I know that he can hurt my mate" he frowned. He looked so sad.

"I am not your property Elliot!!" I yelled at him. I can't do this anymore. "I cant pretend that I'm happy over here, okay?! You've taken me away from my family, ever thought of that?! You are nothing but a selfish jerk who thinks I'm his property! I hate you!"

"E-Elliot" I whispered. He's here. I ran my hand over his stubble then his cheek, his forehead.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP" he growled and speeded on the road. Suddenly out of nowhere a car came and tried to overthrow us.

"I-I thought I'd n-never see you" he said. A single tear slid down from his warm blue eyes and made its way down his pale cheek, releasing the sadness and sorrow that he'd kept bottled up.

The white car slammed itself against us and our car skidded over and flipped. I remember Elliot pulling me into his chest and protecting me from the broken glass pieces from the windshield as they came in contact with his body.

I bite my tongue, trying to hold the tears that threatened to leave my eyes. And that's when I can't hold them back. "I died every single day waiting for you to come back to me...you never came." First, one small crystal bead escapes from my right eye. I can feel the warmth, sliding down my cheek, and rolling off my chin. Then another. And another. Until my eyes flood with them, coming like a rainfall. Sniffing every ten seconds, they fall, and fall, and I let them.

"I promise you, I will never leave you again" he smiled. I raised my hand and wiped the tears of his cheek. He looked at me and frowned. "Why's water coming out from my eyes?" he asked, baffled. I raised my eyebrow and laughed.

I missed his stupidness. "They are tears Elliot. When was the last time you cried?" I smiled sadly. This family was terribly damaged. I have to find out why. "I-I think it was when I seen my mother's lifeless body. She was the only person who cared about me cause she loved me. The others would just look after me because I was the future of the kingdom."