Chapter 25

I looked at Arrow and backed away. Muttering something, I ran out of the room. The only place that I could truly be alone was the cemetery. I didn't look behind even once to check whether someone was following me.

I wanted to be alone once again. I wanted to lie down and listen to the sound of my beating heart. I wanted to know what bliss felt like once again. I wanted to smile without any reason and dance like no one's watching. I wanted freedom.

"Ezekiel, I need you," I said out loud. The trees swayed from side to side and the sun began to set. After a few moments I smiled at the feeling of that dark aura. "Find any proof yet?" He asked sarcastically. I sighed and wrapped my arms around his torso and sighed.

If there was one thing about me that I hated a lot, it was my moody heart. I had major trust issues but with some people, you just know that you can trust them even when no one does. It was the same with Kiel. I trusted him and then when I realised that he could've been the one responsible for all my worries, I shattered.

It was stupid of me to not believe in him. He's never ever lied to me. "I'm sorry, Kiel. I didn't mean to hurt you. It's just that I-" he cut me off. "Save it! I thought you were in trouble. I don't want to talk to you, Milan." Saying that he started walking away. I called after him, begging him to stop but he didn't. "It's happening again, Ezekiel! And it's all your fault!" I yelled with frustration.

"What?" He whispered as he stood dead in his track. His back was still facing me but I knew that he had that frown on his face which was barely noticeable. He turned and ran his fingers through his raven black hair. "I'll need to speak to her parents. They said it would stop," he said as he looked at me.

"I may be mad at you, but I still care about you," he said as he placed a kiss on my forehead. I wish this was Elliot in front of me. Just a little while longer.. I promised myself. I'd win the battle and win Elliot back. I was made for him just as much as he was made for me. He will always be the one. Even though he's a massive jerk.

I walked in the kitchen to grab a bite when I saw Elliot cooking shirtless. He saw me and groaned in annoyance. I glared at him and walked towards the refrigerator and tried to concentrate on searching for the cheese spread instead of gawking at my ex-mate.

"Like what you see?" He smirked as he licked the sauce from the knife. As I was cutting the bread, I looked at him and laughed. Of course I was attracted to him but he didn't need to know that. "You're no comparison to your brother," I teased. His cheeks reddened and he growled at me .

"Is something going on between you and Ezekiel? You're not worth being with a Royal, you know" he said casually. That would have stung before but not now. I've learned to deal with his egoistic ass.

"The world is full of Kings and Queens, Elliot Gabriel. And all they do is steal your dreams. In fact y- ouch! Oh f-" I cried out. The knife has cut my finger deeply and all the blood was dripping on the floor. He immediately left the frying pan and rushed towards me.

"Why are you so clumsy!" he screamed at me as he ran cold water over my finger. I looked at him in anger. "Why do you even care! I'm a mere commoner!" He slammed me against the kitchen door and looked at me with rage.

"You know why I care about you? Because I feel my mate when I'm around you!" He growled. My heart skipped a beat and I just stared at him with a blank look. God alone knew that I was shivering.

Elliot wasn't supposed to find out. The bond was supposed to vanish just like I planned. How can it be possible? "What do you mean?" I gulped and looked away. I couldn't look into his eyes. They looked like they could destroy the world. Milan Chandler was supposed to be dead for the world. The Queen was supposed to be dead for her King.