Chapter 22

I looked at Elliot walking away and sighed. What if I wasn't killed? Would I be happy with Elliot? Of course. Would we be madly in love with each other? Maybe. It sucks to lose the one chance of happiness in life. But I'm Milan Chandler so of course my life has to be a fucking mess. But let's be honest, a mess also has its own kind of beauty.

Come and have lunch with me, Ra. Ezekiel's voice entered my mind. I heard him snort when he saw through my eyes that I was in a graveyard. Graveyards and hell are basically Kiel's home. He explained that the only evil person stronger than Satan is he himself. Wow, right?

Okay... I said and got up. Along with magical powers I also got sired to him in a way. He can read my thoughts, look through my eyes and contact me whenever he wished to. Total violation of privacy.

But jokes apart, I'm so grateful for a best friend like him. Without him maybe I'd actually be dead. Sometimes true soulmates are not lovers, but friends. Elliot and Ezekiel are brothers but they're still unique in their own ways. One made me feel alive and well, the other actually gave me life.

Ezekiel and I had lunch alone, in my room because he wanted to tell me a few things before I could get acquainted with everyone at once. Elliot sent me a handwritten invitation for dinner. He said that it was the "Fête de l'amour lunaire" which meant "The Festival of the lunar love" in french. Ezekiel explained that many years ago Alexander was believed to kill the love of his life, Caroline, on this day. According to old folktale, the stars are part of Alexander's shattered heart that are bound to Caroline, the moon.

In the werewolf world, this day's considered auspicious among werewolves of all classes. There are certain rituals meant to be followed that will bring them prosperity. The Royal family celebrates it together and this time, I'm invited as well.

Ezekiel told me that everyone is supposed to wear white so I put on a white sleeveless jumpsuit with beige heels and tied my hair in a high ponytail. As Ezekiel and I walked towards the assigned room, I noticed that all the lights were switched off and instead the entire room was only lit by scented candles. It wasn't hot because the air conditioner was cooling the room but that didn't seem to calm me.

This is so creepy.

"Look where you're going!" I yelled at someone who pushed passed me. Of course, Imani didn't apologise. She has changed so much. I noticed that the buttons of her dress had come off. Like someone had ripped the dress.

Elliot nodded at me and I nodded back. Kiel looked at us and gave me the look which made me blush and look down. When I looked on top Elliot was looking at Ezekiel with a questioning look but of course the devil just ignored him.

A few minutes later we were joined by Ethan who by the way looked like a mess. Disheveled hair and crumpled shirt which was not even buttoned properly. Sometimes the royals dress like they lack clothing sense.

The only people in the room were Elliot, Ezekiel, Eleanor, Ethan, Asher, Emily, King Thanatos, Tatiana, Arrow and I. We had dinner in silence as a movie was playing. After dinner Imani brought in a red velvet cake which had red liquid oozing out of it- was probably part of the ritual- and also some steaming hot chocolate. All I wanted to do was take the cocoa to my room and curl up in bed while watching a rom-com and sipping heaven.

"So," Elliot cleared his throat. "The main part of the ritual begins now. As the current King, the tale of King Alexander and Caroline is to be repeated. All werewolves know that Caroline is said to be one of the forms of the moon Goddess herself." I was shocked. The moon goddess was haunting me?