Chapter 17

Now my blood drained and heart hammered erratically. I was never afraid of his anger when it came as fire, for that burnt hot and fast. I was deathly afraid of his ice. It coated him like protective permafrost, it had saved him from the torments of his youth, but now the same method could isolate him from his new family, his friends.

It was pointless to try to reach him now, my well meant words would bounce off as good as hard rain. But I would have to see him tomorrow, thaw his anger, return that loving spark to his eyes.

"So, my dearest mate, had fun, did you? What else did you do? Kiss him? Fuck him? ANSWER ME!!" he roared with anger. His customary warmth gone faster than summer rain on the tarmac. Indeed even his focus was somewhere on the photo frame behind me, as if I had become invisible to him or he could not bare to see me at all. I'd crossed some invisible line, offended his sensibilities. I'd seen him do this to others before, but I'd thought our bond immune. Now my blood drained and heart hammered erratically.

"N-No" I stuttered.I was never afraid of his anger when it came as fire, for that burnt hot and fast. It was pointless to try to reach him now, my well meant words would bounce off as good as hard rain.

"NO WHAT?! I won't ask you again, Milan. NO WHAT?!" he slammed his fist on the glass table. The glass shattered from the impact and some of it got embedded in his skin. His stone cold eyes glared at me with such hatred that I instantly knew that he had already judged me.

I'd ruined everything we ever had. "I-I didn't mean to. I swear. I d-din't know he would d-do t-that" I stuttered while my tears poured out like the Niagara falls. I didn't know he would do that. "I stopped him."

"What? Speak up!" he barked.

"You know what? I'm not one of your maids that you can just yell at for no reason! Yes, I made a mistake by going. But I stopped him didn't I? And I came and told you, didn't I? So what is the problem exactly! Maybe if you hadn't been flirting around with Imani I would be with you instead of him" I yelled as hot tears poured down my cheeks.

2 days ago...

"I'm going to ruin his life now" he said. He was back to ruin all our lives. He was the devil. "Why can't you forgive him? He loves you. He's your brother." I told him. He looked at me and smirked. He pulled me towards him and said, " Thorns grow on roses. Do you know why?" he asked.

"To protect the rose" I whispered.

"You must leave." I looked at him in confusion. He laughed and pinched my cheek. " You do not belong here. We are beasts, Little Red. We can ruin you without you suspecting a thing. Your heart is pure. You have good intentions. I'm going to take you away from this place. I'll be with you and stay until you don't need me."

I couldn't move. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined leaving Elliot and never seeing him again. I hated him but at the same time I cared for him. And his brother just told me that he'll take me away. "No. I don't need your help, Ezekiel. I'll stay. I was born to fight. I'm brave" I said sternly.

He sighed and nodded. "If you ever need me just take my name Imani. I can't let history repeat itself." I asked him what he meant by that remark and that's when he told me what happened centuries ago. There was a deep bond between the two Gabriel brothers once upon a time. It was ruined by a girl...

I felt like I should have told Elliot that I knew everything. I was confused on how to tell him. I came into his office today and that's when he decided to go into my mind instead of listening to what I had to say. I couldn't stop him.