Applejack

The morning light streamed through the window, not so gently stirring Rainbow Dash awake. She groaned, burying her head deeper into her pillow, resolutely determined not to wake up. A soft, warm feeling pressed against her back and side, causing the sleeping pegasus to sigh softly. It was heavenly and she soon found herself drifting back to sleep.

Some time later she faintly heard a soft rapping on the door. “Breakfast’s ready gals.” A door opened as Applejack poked her head in. “Are you two ready to—heaven’s to betsy!” She exclaimed suddenly.

Stirring, the sleepy pegasus turned her head to the door. “Why is it so early? I—huh?!” Dash blinked herself awake as she felt a pair of lavender legs wrapped around her barrel. Twisting around she saw Twilight with her head resting against Rainbow’s back, drooling slightly. “Aahh! Twilight! Get off!”

“Huh, wha—I didn’t do it.” The purple unicorn blinked her sleepy eyes as she took stock of the situation. “What’s going on?”

“You were spooning me!” Rainbow Dash shouted indignantly. Applejack could take no more. She let out a loud raspberry and she slid to the floor where she then gave up trying to fight her building laughter and proceeded to laugh her freckles off. “Shut up Applejack!” Rainbow glared at her, all too aware of the heat on her cheeks.

AJ wasn’t slow to miss it either. “Y-yer face is redder than Big Macintosh’s butt!” She squeezed out in between gales of laughter.

“Yours is going to be red too if you don’t shut it!” Dash waved a threatening hoof in Applejack’s direction. Then she turned to Twilight. “Should’ve known you’d be a cuddler.” She grumbled.

“H-hey!” Twilight Sparkle’s face was bright red too. "I didn't hear you complaining!" The two mares broke contact, unable to look each other in the eye.

Applejack, finally winning the battle for self control, wheezed. “Ooh, nelly! Ah knew having you gals here would be a blast but ah never thought it’d be this much fun!” She chuckled. “Aww, c’mon now ah’m only joking.” She assured the two annoyed and embarrassed looking mares. “We’re serving apple pancakes, fresh from the stove!”

“Sounds good.” Rainbow Dash hopped off the bed, not looking back. “I’m go hop in the shower. Be back in ten seconds flat.”

Twilight shook off her embarrassment and traded it for skepticism. “How can you possibly do that? It’s im—” Rainbow Dash revved her wings and flew out the window in a rainbow blur.

Rushing to the window, Applejack and Twilight watched Rainbow Dash fly through several clouds, breaking them up as she flew and washing herself off with the condensed water that they held. After shaking herself dry and running her hoof through her mane, Rainbow dashed back inside, nearly bowling her two companions over.

“—possible.” Twilight finished finally.

“Ta da! What’d I tell you? Ten. Seconds. Flat.” Rainbow Dash was smug.

Applejack just shook her head. “All right, Twilight you can hop in the shower. Now hurry up, nopony likes cold pancakes!”

The three mares made their way down the stairs and to the breakfast table. Big Macintosh and Apple Bloom were already seated and Granny Smith was shakily flipping the pancakes.

Licking her lips, Rainbow Dash zipped over to the table and grabbed a knife and fork. Twilight trotted over at a more sedate pace and calmly sat down.

“Morning everypony.” Twilight said politely as she took her seat, soon followed by Applejack.

“Good morning!” Apple Bloom smiled. “Did y’all sleep well? What?” She asked at Applejack’s barely suppressed snort of laughter and the twin flushes on Twilight and Rainbow Dash. “What'd I say?”