↬ thirteen

thirteen - Seriously, Clarke?

Monty and Jasper watch astonished as the brunette devours herself in what seemed like the limitless options of cooked and baked food around her.

Jasper raises a finger, pointing at the chocolate cupcake that appeared alone by all the crumbs around it. ''Are you gonna eat that? Because I-''

Before Jasper could finish his statement, Brandi gulps down the remainder of her chewed food and grabs the cupcake, half of it gone within a blink from one bite.

Brandi couldn't believe that the table she was sitting at with her mouth watering sight of food was in Mount Weather.

The place all grounders despite with various myths and tales tagged to it.

Sure she was skeptical of it at first. Very skeptical if safe to say, but after explanations and the relaxing sight of the community that grown in the walls had made it more than clear that it was her safe haven.

If not, she wouldn't care. The luxurious lifestyle was better to enjoy than the cold wildlife where you had to skin animals for clothes and shelter and eat they're raw meat from scratch.

The luxurious life even grew when majority of the sky people were recruited back here and she couldn't wait to hear all the events that occurred in her absence.

''Jesus, Brandi'' Monty whispers with the corner of his lips turned to a humouring smile as the two watch her lean back into her chair in satisfaction.

''What? These meals automatically top the ones we had to make at base, and the same animals after a while get a little bitter'' She defends, giggling as Monty and Jasper laugh at her.

''Well, Monty, you gotta try this pie'' Jasper recommends, sending a knowing stare in Brandi's direction with a his smirk struggling to remain as a smirk with his laughter controlled beneath him.

Playfully, Brandi cocks a brow and scoffs. ''Alright. I was full anyway.''

''Thirty minutes later..'' Monty mumbles as he takes another bite out of his piece of chocolate cake.

Her pearly whites expose with her burst of laughter as he reaches across the table and retrieves a piece of pie with his fork, smiling gently at the sound of her voice.

Once the piece is in his mouth, his features melt as he breathed through his nostrils. ''Oh my god.''

He looks up Jasper, watching him nod in agreement of how good the pie is. ''What is that?''

''I don't know, but it's great.''

Brandi smile softly while watching the to feel over they're own food.

''Mm. My turn'' Jasper says, barely reaching over for Monty's chocolate pie when Monty stops him.

''What, this?'' He shakes his head ''You won't like it. The pie's way better.''

Furrowing his eyebrows, Jasper turns to Brandi who was already looking at him with a gleam of mischief glinting her orbs.

Jasper turns back, reaching with his fork towards his plate when Monty moved the plate closer to his chest.

Brandi lets out a chuckle as Jasper spoke ''Really?''

He nods and the two stand, having the innocent brunette features fall. ''Oh my god, if you guys cause a food fight-''

Monty and Jasper move side to side, following each other for the small portion of chocolate flavored cake.

Jasper practically trips when he sees Clarke approach in a noticeably used track suit. ''Oh. Hey, Clarke.''

''Sit down and pretend you're happy to see me'' She whispers before taking a seat beside Jasper.

Monty slightly shakes his head. ''We are happy to see you.''

The three sit down and Monty lifts his plate towards Clarke. ''You have to try the chocolate cake.''

Brandi gasped into chuckles as Jasper smirks at his challenging words. ''Oh it so on.''

''I'm not eating they're food'' She says, staring intently in a direction ahead.

Brandi leans forward to look at her. ''Than can you go get me some?''

''You just ate up half the table'' Monty retorts in laughter.

She tilts her head to the side. ''Just let me be a fat ass, Monty.''

He raises his arms in defense as Clarke continues. ''Look at this.''

She points down at a image printed paper held inside of a binder, a map to be specific. ''They gave us a map with no exits. I need you to tell me everything you've seen. Every room, every hallway, every way out.''

''Way out?'' Jasper mimicked curiously. ''Look around you, Clarke. There's no one hunting us here, first time in our lives we're not hungry. Why would we wanna leave?''

''Because we have friends out there who need our help. Like Octavia-'' She turns to Monty. ''Raven-'' and then to Brandi. ''And Bellamy.''

Brandi leans back in her seat, no longer interested in the topic. That was one thing she enjoyed here at Mount Weather, there was no Bellamy.

She has the freedom of her life again where she doesn't have to have a back and forth relationship, and just do her.

Solitude was always her finest.

''They're looking for survivors and they're way better equipped to find them than we are'' Monty informs with reassurance, but knowing Clarke, it wasn't good enough.

She shakes her head. ''This place is too good to be true.''

''You're bumming me out. I'm gonna get more cake'' Jasper mumbles, bursting into a smile as he remembers earlier moments before Clarke arrived.

Clarke follows after him not long after, leaving Monty and Brandi in silence.

''I can't believe she tried using any of that against us'' He mutters while his soft and sadden stare lingered at Brandi, who solemnly stared at her empty plate.

Her jaw clenches and her a brow is arch as she shakes her head. ''Of all people, she definitely shouldn't be the one to go that low.''

''He must've screwed up big time if you want to stay here'' He mumbles, relating matters towards Bellamy as he scratching his wrist and scrunches his lips to the side out of sympathy.

Her brown orbs shot up at the sound of alarms blaring and yellow lights flashing at every corner.

''Alert. Code five.''