↬ sixteen

sixteen - You Look Like Shit and You Smell Like It

''And you believe him?'' Monty asks out of disbelieve as Brandi and Monty himself stood in the empty bedroom with Jasper, discussing his previous meeting with President Wallace.

Apparently, he was allowed to leave the building in search for Clarke and was always welcomed back.

But thought had the hairs on the back of Brandi's neck stand.

''Yes, I believe him. Clarke Left us, Monty. She faked being crazy to get into Medical and she took off.''

''Yeah, because nobody in the building would let her leave in the first place'' Brandi retorts, straight forward with the black and white problem that Jasper was easily missing. ''Jasper, how could you find this the least bit odd? He's letting you leave, but he wouldn't let Clarke. That doesn't make sense.''

''It's not like I'll be gone forever, Brandi'' He snaps, turning to her. ''It be to save her. To find her.''

''Overall, we need to go after her'' Monty suggest but both notice that Jasper wasn't up for that challenge.

Faint and light footsteps were heard, causing the trio to break they're necks back to see Maya carefully walking in.

She must have heard they're argument.

Monty and Brandi move out from the small space provided in between two bunks as they marched over to they're own. ''Where are you going?''

''The dropship, for starters'' Monty answers as both reach under they're beds for the emptied duffel bags.

''I just heard'' Maya whispers when she reaches Jasper side. She looks back at Brandi and Monty's hectic movements and questions ''Are you leaving?''

''Yeah, we are'' Brandi mumbles, not really into focus as she starts to stuff many of her belonging as she can into the bag.

''No, we're not'' Jasper protest.

Brandi fought the urge to not insult Jasper back in place, because both Monty and her knew that the only reason why he'd stay is to be with Maya.

Monty stops his movements before asking ''What would Clarke do?''

A brief moment of silence takes over the small group, but it doesn't stop neither of them with what they're doing or they're moral of instincts.

''Jasper, you can't. It's too dangerous'' Maya began to fret.

Jasper shook his head, hiss brunette locks shaking with him as he purses his lips in what looked line disappointment. ''Don't worry. I'm a coward.''

Brandi lets a scoff slip past, ignoring the narrowed stares from Maya and Jasper.

''No you're not. Okay? You're smart. But you can't make her come back.''

''Clarke has reasons. If she didn't want to be here, she of all people would know why'' Brandi intrudes.

''I don't see you with her'' Maya retorts, no longer feeling the friendly vibes from earlier conversations together.

Brandi halts from any further actions, pressing her weight on her left leg with her arms leaning on her top bunk. ''You're people blinded me. Unlike me, Clarke was smart enough to figure that out before any of us could.''