↬ seventeen

seventeen - I'm Still Not Volunteering

Many features stiffen with brows furrowed and crease marks lining up foreheads as Jasper had everyone in the shared bedroom explain an offer that he predicted would be for the better of the Mountain people.

''Guys, think about everything they've done for us. They gave us shelter, clean clothes. They kept us safe from the grounders.''

With her lips parted, Brandi shook her head with dull eye's. ''Jasper, you were throwing up Maya's blood for three days.''

''But I'm fine. I'm still alive, aren't I?'' He asks with a hopeful smile.

She shook her head again. ''Brandi, it's different, okay? Doctors says that normal treatment wouldn't be as bad.''

''So they say'' Monty chimes in from beside her.

''So what, then? We'll only be puking for one day?'' Miller counters, proving that no matter what, he doesn't wanna be puking period. ''Nah, I'm out.''

''Sorry, Jasper'' Harper apologizes while taking a stand. ''I'm out too.''

Everyone started clearing out, leaving Jasper standing in place who still trying his best at persuasion. ''Come on. They gave us cake. I have a sign up sheet, if you'd-''

Brandi and Monty rose from they're spots on the beds and walked up to Jasper, stopping him from embarrassing himself any further. ''What the hell are you doing?''

''What?'' He asks in what looked like defeat.

''When did you start working for them?''

Jasper shakes his head but the flash of hesitation already answered Monty's question. ''You know what? Never mind. Now that you're better, we're going after Clarke.''

Brandi's orbs flicker past Jasper to see Maya walk into the room with a grin plastered on her face.

''Of course she came'' She mutters as she approaches, not acknowledging the rude remark she made about her.

''Hey guys. Jasper, I'm so glad to see you're feeling better'' She says, holding up a notebook with black marker written across it.

ACT NORMAL

THEY'RE LISTENING!!!

''Thanks'' Jasper replies slowly once finished reading her discrete message. ''I am.''

She flipped the page over with more words not meant to be shared aloud.

THE BREACH WASN'T AN ACCIDENT!

FOLLOW ME!

''You look, rested'' Brandi hesitates out of uncertainty.

She shrugs. ''Hey, it's pizza day. Whose hungry?''

Her smile falters as she backs out of the room.

Jasper glance back at the two with questionable orbs before trailing after Maya.

She leads the three to a room neither Brandi or Monty have been before. It was dark and it had shelves filled with artistic items that Brandi couldn't help but stare in awe.

''What the hell is going on?'' Jasper asks, snapping Brandi out of her open mouthed state.

Maya looks down with muffled sobs wracked against her chest. Brandi turns to Monty as Jasper handles Maya, mouthing ''What's happening?''