Lesson Three

If you are having any personal troubles ask me and I will FOR SURE make sure there is a lesson to help you!
- The author, Izzy.

Psalms 34:15
"The Lord sees the good people.  He listens to their prayers."
Psalms 34:17
"The Lord hears good people when they cry out to Him."
Proverbs 15:29
"The Lord does not listen to the wicked.  But He hears the prayers of those who do right."
2 Chronicles 7:14-15
"Then My people, who are called by My name, will be sorry for what they have done.  They will pray and obey Me and stop their evil ways.  If they do, I will hear them from Heaven.  I will forgive their sin, and I will heal their land.  Now I will see them.  And I will listen to the prayers prayed in this place."
Psalms 66:18-20
"If I had known of any sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened to me.  But God has listened.  He has heard my prayer.  Praise God.  He did not ignore my prayer.  He did not hold back his love from me."

Psalms 34:15&17 is proving that God does listen to our cries.  And not only does God listen to our cries but also normal prayers too. The verses also say that God listens to the good people.  Which is saying that God doesn't listen to the people who cry out to him and yet only want his help to do more evil later. A prostitute who prays for money when being on the verge of homelessness is planning to stay with prostitution when stable financially, will not be heard by God.  But a prostitute who knows her mistakes and wants to. Hangs her life when she becomes financially stable, will be heard by God.  These verses are also similar with Proverbs 15:29. This verse does not mean exactly that you have to be doing everything in your life right because we are all sinners and God knows that. The verse means that God will listen to those who actually are trying to follow His word and want to change.

2 Chronicles 7:14-15 proves that God DOES listen to our prayers if we are making the effort and know what we have been doing is wrong.  And in Psalms he says that he did know that he actually wanted to change and so God helped him with love and mercy and compassion.

Hope this was particularly helpful to some of you. I have struggles like this too, so you're not alone. Know that!