Lesson Two

You reading this book means a lot to me, thank you!
- The author, Izzy.

Ephesians 5:3-8
"But there must be no sexual immorality among you.  There must not be any kind of evil or greed.  Those things are not right for God's holy people.  Also, there must be no evil talk among you.  You must not speak foolishly or tell evil jokes.  These things are not right for you.  But you should be giving thanks to God.  You can be sure of this: No one will have a place in the kingdom of Christ and of God who engages in sexual sin, or does evil things, or is greedy.  Anyone who is greedy is serving a false god.  Do not let anyone fool you by telling you things that are not true.  These things will bring God's anger on those who do not obey him.  So have no part with them."

Messages and verses like these can be very hard to interpret their meaning.  These make you wonder what is right and wrong in God's eyes; what is acceptable and not acceptable to get into the kingdom of Heaven.

"But there must be no sexual immorality among you.  There must not be any kind of evil or greed." The first sentence is saying that you must not be wicked in a sexual way. Do not be a prostitute and sell yourself, or a stripper who also sells themselves in sexual ways.  Also do not rape or force any sexual relations.  The second sentence means to not be lustful for someone else during a relationship.  I know that not lusting for people may be hard, but just pray constantly and determinedly and God will help. I will try to remember to make my next lesson about devoted prayer. You can also message me.

"Also, there must be no evil talk among you.  You must not speak foolishly or tell evil jokes.  These things are not right for you."  This part means to not talk behind one's back making fun of them and spreading rumors.  Behavior such as this makes God angry because you are treating people wrongly.  Try to be a more loving person and God will guide you along any hard journeys even if it doesn't seem like it. I will also try to post a lesson about this.