Lesson Twelve

Thanks for almost 300 views. This is a big deal for me lol. I want to create an actual story so if you have ideas go ahead and tell me (because I desperately need some!). Today the lesson will be from an actual daily study book I have, if you like this way better vote and comment on this chapter!
- The Author, Izzy.

Proverbs 26:1-12  Becoming More Like Christ (NIV)
"Like snow in summer or rain in harvest, honor is not fitting for a fool. Like a fluttering sparrow or a darting swallow, an undeserved curse does not come to rest. A whip for the horse, a bridle for the donkey, and a rod for the backs of fools! Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him. Answer a fool according to his folly, or he will be wise in his own eyes. Sending a message by the hands of a fool is like cutting off one's feet or drinking poison. Like the useless legs of one who is lame is a proverb in the mouth of a fool. Like tying a stone in sling is the giving of honor to a fool. Like a thornbush in a drunkard's hand is a proverb in the mouth of a fool. Like an archery who wounds at random is one who hires a fool or any passer-by. As a dog returns to its vomit, so fools repeat their folly. Do you see a person wise in their own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for them."

At first glance, verses 4 and 5 (maybe look them up sorry, I can clarify which sentences are 4 and 5 if you need me to) may appear to contradict each other. However, it is important to realize that these verses are actually a perfect illustration of the author's purpose in Writing the proverbs. They are not intended as absolute truths, but rather as general wisdom to be applied with discernment. In some situations, it may be right and appropriate to expose someone's foolishness, but at times, doing so will only worsen the situation. The verses that follow teach us about the danger of associating with and trusting in fools. A fool can be defined as someone who thinks too highly of himself. Someone who thinks that they are an expert when they are really a beginner. But the grace of God protects up from falling into prideful folly. Grace humbles us, teaches us, and trains us to be more like Christ.

These two short verses say a great deal about the human condition; we are all guilt of making the same mistake and falling into the same sins over and over again. This is a clear reminder that the pursuit of wisdom is not an intellectual endeavor but a spiritual one. This is why the author of Proverbs constantly repeats throughout the book that "the fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom." True wisdom requires the humility to acknowledge one's limitations and flaws, and this is only possible through the grace and mercy of God. Wisdom is found when we are brought to the end of ourselves and to the foot of the cross.

FYI I was falling asleep as I did this so sorry for grammar issues. Will try to fix them tomorrow.