Lesson Eight

GOD FORGIVES US! I apologize for not updating but like I said in the note, I got sick. Thanks for the patience.
- The Author, Izzy.

1 John 1:1-4
"We write you now about something that has always existed. We have heard. We have seen with our own eyes. We have watched, and we have touched with our hands. We write to you about the Word that gives life. He who gives life was shown to us. We saw him, and we can give proof about it. And now we tell you that he has life that continues forever. The one who gives this life was with God the Father. God showed him to us. Now we tell you what we have seen and heard because we want you to have fellowship with us. The fellowship we share together is with God the Father and his Son, Jesus Christ. We write this to you so the we may be full of joy."

John is one of the four gospels in the New Testament. He was also a disciple. When Jesus became an adult he chose 12 disciples to become Apostles and John was one of them. Jesus sent these people on the task to spread His Word.

So John in this letter says that the other disciples and him have seen, touched, and heard Jesus. Then John is saying that His Word gives life and he WANTS us to find that eternal life from Jesus Christ. John encourages and literally says that he wants us to become followers like him and the other Apostles.

He says that He gives eternal life, and the all mighty God showed Him to them. And he finally says that they spread the Word of the Bible because they want to be full of the JOY and satisfaction of helping people find  Jesus Christ