Chapter 11

It's 10:26 right now. After getting frusterated with almost everything, I decided I needed to go for a walk. And to my surprise, it's actually working.

The streets of LA were shockingly empty. Which isn't normal. Half the time, I can't even walk down the sidewalk, it's so busy.

But this was relaxing. Not having to worry about anythng. Everything right now was perfect.

Hunter was back at the Hotel with Survivor. The owners cool with the dog, he just can't be left alone for long periods of time. Because he is indeed a puppy.

Hunter told me, he'd take Survior for a walk in a little bit. Little guy does need his exersise. So many things are sadly wrong with him. I think he was abused before I found him.

He's shown sides of fearing me. He's so jumpy, any sudden movement scares him. If he's left alone for too long, He'll hide in my Suitcase. He doesn't eat much, and has a limp to him, like his legs were broken and healed funny. He's only truly comfortable around me, and it's kind of sad that a pup as young as him, was abused at such a young age.

Never in a million years, would I treat an animal like that. It's the same as Rueben or Bowser. I couldn't even imagine trying to hurt them. I mean, Rueben is Morgan's dog, I wouldn't want to hurt him.

Something odd suddenly washes over me, breaking my thought about the dogs. I turn arounnd briefly before stopping completely. I'm being followed.

With an uneasy sigh, I continue walking, looking at the street lights as I walk. I really don't like this. It's very unsettling. I stop once more, looking behind me again... Theres no one there. Is it really just my imagination?

As I turn back to continue walking, but was stopped by someone standing right in front of me. Some guy. Much bigger than be. Physically stronger than be... By far.

"Uhm.. Hello.." I start, swallowing my sudden fear. "C-Can I help you?" I ask, my voice cracking from fear.

No response... Nothing.. His silence is scaring me.. I kinda wanna run. But my legs won't go. I'm frozen.. I can't move..

"Do you need something?" I ask him.

"Got any cash on you?" He asked me, looking down on me. He walked closer to be making me back into a brick wall.

"I- I mean, I.. Uh..." I couldn't help stuttering. So much Anxiety is building up right now.

"Well?"

Hesitantly, I reach for my back pocket, my fingers fumbling with my wallet.. But it wasn't my wallet.. I don't actually have it.. What I'm holding onto right now, is my phone.

"What's the hold up?" His voice made me jump, as I look up.

"Uhm.. I a-actually don't h-have my w-wallet on me.." I managed to spit out, feeling as if every bone in my body were melting away, and I was going to drop limp.

Then I saw that look, that made me wanna jump right out of my skin. "If you have no cash, then you have no reason to live."

H.U.N.T.E.R

The night was cool, and the wind was faintly blowing. I'm walking out of the quiet park, enjoying the night while walking Survivor. And, actually I'm looking for Nate.

I told him I'd watch the dog until he got back. But he left an hour ago. It's right now 10:26, and I'm kinda concerned. Nate's usually an Independent guy, but he is known for causing trouble, or getting himself into trouble.

Walking down the street, I instantly get pulled by the dog. He's actually kinda strong.

Nate believes that he was abused before being thrown away, and honestly I think I believe him too. This pup is only truly comfortable with Nathan himself, and hides in his Suitcase... He's scared of me, it's amazing that I am able to walk him right now.

The last time we took the dog for a walk, was two days ago, and He'd only let Nate walk him, and as soon as Nate handed me the leash, so he could pick something up from the Pharmacy, and Survivor wouldn't let him leave..

The dog suddenly caught my attention. He's pulling me. For a dog this small, he's really strong. But something else caught my attention. He's whining.. He's trying to tell me something. He then barked. He is trying to tell me something.

I eventually gave in, letting him drag me to wherever he wanted to go. As he pulled on the leash, I suddenly see what he was trying to show me.

Nate...

He was a little bit ahead, being stared down by some guy. Who looks a lot stronger than Nate.

Nate looked up at him. He looked like he was having Anxiety Attack.

"Uhm.. Hello.." Nate started, "C-Can I help you?" He asked, his voice cracking from fear.

No response... Nothing.. Nate looked like he wanted to run.. I want him to run. But he didn't. He's not moving.

C'mon, Nate, run. Save yourself, dumby... But he still wouldn't run. He just stared up at this guy, fear in his eyes.

Survivor was growling, he was trying to get Nate's attention.. I wanted to run up to help him, but I don't have to hurt anyone..

"Do you need something?" Nate asked him quietly, his voice trembling.

"Got any cash on you?" He asked Nate, looking him over. Nate still is pretty scrawny, the fajit still hasn't eaten. If this guy were trying to beat him up, unfourtinually, he'd succed. He walked closer to Nate making him back into a brick wall.

"I- I mean, I.. Uh..." Nate started stuttering. I can't even imagine what's going through his mind right now.

"Well?"

Nate fell silent, then hesitantly, reached for my back pocket. I saw a look in his eyes, like he didn't have what this man looking for.

"What's the hold up?" The mans voice made him jump, as he looked up.

Nate's hand was shaking. Like a Drug Addict without they're drugs.. "Uhm.. I a-actually don't h-have my w-wallet on me.." He spit out.

Then I saw that look, that told me that Nate was in trouble. The man looked at him, with a sickening grin. "If you have no cash, then you have no reason to live."

Nate's eyes glowed with fear, as he went to back up. "No-- No, I mean.. I can get you some cash, I promise, I can--"

Nate was suddenly cut off, when the man pushed him into the wall, pushing his head into the brick wall, causing him to fall unconsious.

Everything was in slow motion.. I saw Nate fall, I watched the man, lower himself to the ground.

Survivor suddenly barked loudly, pulling out of his collar, running towards the man.

"Survivor! Hey!" I yell, as the small dog ran down the street.

He ran to the the man, growling, before attacking. My vision blurred again, as I can only see Nate falling Unconsiously to the ground.

I heard a loud, high pitched yelp, as my vision returned. I saw Survivor running down the street, chasing what looks like the man who just physically abused Nate.

With the guy gone, I run over to Nate, dropping everything I had. He wasn't showing any signs of waking up.

I then look up, to see the dog run back to us. He looked fine.. So, that man didn't hurt him. He hurt my friend, and now he has to pay, but he hurts my friends dog, and things will get bad.

With a Smile, I pat Survivors head. "Good boy." I whisper, before realizing something..

He tried to save Nate's life.. This dog does care for him. I can see it.

My attention was once again caught by the dog, who was dabbing Nate's arm with his nose.

"Hey, Nate?" I ask, gently shaking him. I set my hand down, stablizing myself, as I continue to gently shake him. Nate wasn't moving. He is alive, I can tell..

I was certain he'd offically be okay, until I felt something, wet and warm coating his hair... Looking at it, I saw a dark substance. Blood. He's bleeding.. I need to get him help... No, I need to help him myself. If he ends up in the hospital, I might as well be dead...

He needs to be okay..