Chapter 19

I have a saddish sequel half written for this if anyone wants it..

This morning was unsettling.

I had my laptop on my bed, and I was lying in my stomach.

Survivor is running around in circles, on the floor, playing with some toys I bought three months ago. There all chewed up now.. But he likes them.

Hunter was downstairs, getting food, and to be honest. After what I saw last night, I don't think I could eat anything.

But my thoughts about food were erased when Hunter barged through through our door with another cart of food.

"Hiya, Nate." He said cheerfully, as I sit up on my knees. "Got some foods." He said.

"Foods?"

"More than one food. I call 'em foods."

"Oh. Okay." I answer as he walked over to me.

"Here, I got you a fried egg sandwich with tomato in it." He said to me handing it to me.

That's what made my mind click.

Tomato. Red. Blood.

With a startled yelp, I jump backwards, falling off the bed, landing on my back.

I only lay there for a moment. My back and head were on the floor, while my legs were still on the edge of the bed. This position is very uncomfortable.

Damn that hurt.

"Nate?" Hunter asked, waking around to the other side of the bed. "You okay?"

"I could be better." I say turning my head to the side a little.

"Here, lemme help you up." He said to me, pulling me up by my arms.

I dust myself off, then fixed my hair, before sitting on the edge of my bed, moving the sandwich aside.

"What's gotten into you Nate, you've been jumpy all morning." He said to me.

"Especially around the color red. You wouldn't even touch you're phone this morning, and the case on it is red."

I just look at him.

"I'm fine."

"I don't think so."

"I am."

"Nate, what happened last night, when you woke up?"

"Nothing, it was just a silly little dream. The same one I always have. About what happened." I say, biting my finger nail. Okay, I never do that.

"Nate?"

"What else happened?" He asked.

I look down for a moment, before sighing. "I saw some kind of vision, or something. You were there. I was there, my car and some other car were completely totalled, and there was blood. So much blood." I say, shaking at the word, blood.

He looked at me for a moment. "You've scarred yourself. Whatever this was scared you, and now you can't un see it," he told me.

"But, it's like my mind is telling something's going to happen. Something bad is going to happen, and I--"

"Nate, relax. Nothing going to happen, I promise you. We will be fine. No accident will happen."

"But I--"

Before I could even finish my sentence, Hunter shoved the sandwich that he got for me into my mouth to shut me up.

"Now eat, you haven't eaten in a while." He told me, before grabbing his own sandwich.

I take it out of my mouth, chewing what's in my mouth, before swallowing.

"I could've chocked on that." I say to him.

"You could've, but you didn't." He said to me.

I heard the dog whine, which made me look down. He sat on the floor, looking up at me. He wants up. He's still to small to jump up on this bed.

Setting my sandwich down, I pick him up, setting him on the bed, he licked my cheek as a thank you.

"Did you get something for Survivor?" I ask, taking another bite of my sandwich.

"Yeah, here." He said, tossing me another wrapped sandwich. Unwrapping it, I set it down for him, letting him eat it.

"What should we do?" Hunter then asked me.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Something to do?"

"Uhm.. I dunno, you're the guest," I say.

"But you live here."

"We'll figure it out." I say taking another bite of my sandwich.

I have a feeling today will be eventful...