Chapter 14

Trying to be quiet, I walk up the stairs to the hotel. It's 12:45 am now and I, of course was out. Picking something up.

Something Nate needs, but couldn't get. He said he'd get it himself, that is, until his head started hurting again.

So, I was that nice friend and offered to help him. And let me say, he wasn't too thrilled about no being able to do something himself.

As I walk up to the Hotel room, I check my pockets for the room key, before opening the door. The side lamp was still on, and the tv was too.

Nate was asleep. He had his laptop on the bed near him, and Survivor curled up to his side.

He looks like he's been sleeping for a while though. He'll probably wake up in any second anyways.

Setting my bag down, I sit down on my own bed.

"Hey." I start. "I have returned."

No response.

"You can stop being mad at me." I add, guessing he's mad, because I took over the one errand he needed to run.

No response.

"Nate?"

Nothing.

"Hello, Nathan?"

Not even as much as twitch from him.

"Nate, you okay, buddy?"

Nothing.

"Nate? Answer me. Please."

Still nothing.

"Nate, are you giving me the silent treatment?" I ask.

Still. Nothing. Now he's scaring me.

I stand up, moving over to him. "Nate," I start, as I shake him. The dog woke, looking up at me.

"Nate, seriously. This isn't funny bro, wake the fuck up, now."

But he wasn't.

I begin to panic. He's not... No... He's no...

"Nate?"

Some relief floods me when I see him breathing. But why the fuck won't he wake up?

"Nate?" I shake him again. "Nate, wake up!"

I need help. He needs help. But I can't just take him to a hospital. Someone like him, will indeed be in the news by the morning.

"Nate?!" I raised my voice, shaking him one last time.

He suddenly gasped, pushing himself up, looking around in fear. He seemed startled. But calmed slightly after seeing me.

"What are you doing?" He asked me.

"What am I doing?" I ask. "What the hell are you doing? You were like unconscious for like 5 minutes." I start crossly.

He sat up, his breathing calming down. "What?"

"You-- you're. You're okay." I sigh, looking at him.

He looked at me for a moment then ran his hand through his messy hair.

"I don't really know what you were talking about Hunter." He started quickly looking at me.

"What time did you fall asleep at?" I ask him.

"Two hours after you left." He said to Me.

"Like around 8?" I ask.

"Probably, why?" He asked me.

I only look at him then sigh.

"Don't worry about it. I mean, you're okay now. So that's what matters," I say.

"Oh-kay..." He answered me.

"Did you get food for the dog?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"Good."

"And everything else you needed." I say.

"Thanks."

I look at him again, as he curled up in a ball sitting up.

He looked down for a moment. He's bleeding again.

"Nate, what were you thinking about when I wasn't here?" I ask.

"Nothing." He sighed. "Nothing important."

"What's not important?"

"Thinking about how I screwed up. Wishing I didn't do the things I did."

"You regret it, I know." I sigh, beside him. "But, it'll all be okay."

"I just want her to be happy." He sighed looking up, fixing his hair. "Even if she doesn't need me in her life."

He's really beating himself up over it. I know he feels bad, but it's not his fault Morgan thinks he didn't love her.

It's proven many times in the past and in the past week, that he truly loves her. The fact that he doesn't gotten any sleep since he left proves that his love for her is strong.

I just wish she'd see it.