Chapter 13

H.U.N.T.E.R

Six twenty in the afternoon. It's been quiet most of the day.

Nate and I were quiet a lot of the day. He was writing something in a notebook for most of the day, and would occasionally fall asleep while writing.

My only guess was he was writing lyrics. Something I'd expect him to do.

Right now, he was sitting on his own bed with some ear buds in, writing stuff down.

Survivor was lying on the bed, curled up in a small ball, by Nate.

As for me, I was sitting on a couch in the hotel room, browsing through YouTube.

I was aimlessly scrolling through the comments of Nate's recent video. (By recent, I mean that one he posted a week an a half ago)

Some of these comments were brutal. I mean, Nate's comment section isn't always the friendliest place to be.

Sometimes they are. But other times they aren't. Sometimes, there okay.

My gaze flicked towards Nate, as I heard him sneeze. But ignored it, going to my own channel.

"Hey, Hunter." I suddenly hear him ask.

"Yeah?"

"Whatcha doing?" He asked me, looking up, taking off his glasses.

"Going through stuff."

I can't really say I'm going through YouTube. He already feels bad for taking a break from YouTube. Telling him I'm going through comments will make him feel worse.

"I'm need to go.. I need to pick something up," he said to me.

"Go where?" I ask.

"I need to pick something up." He answered me. "You can join me if you'd like."

"If you're driving somewhere, that's not really a good idea." I say to him.

"Why?"

"I mean, you hit your head pretty hard the other night. Driving might not be safe."

"Then I'll walk." He say to me, narrowing his eyes.

"You sure?"

"Look, Hunter. That was one time I was alone. It's not like it's going to happen again."

"It could." I say. I then stand up before he could say anything. "Lemme have you're keys. I'll pick it up." I say to him.

He looked up, confused. "What?"

"I'll go pick up what you need." I answer.

"But I--"

"No. Stay here. Get some rest, Nate. This is the least I can do for you." I say to him.

He looked at the dog for a moment, then sighed. "Here," he handed me a small piece of paper. I looked at it for a moment then looked at him.

"And food for the dog. I forgot to put that on there." He said quietly to me, before looking back to his notebook.

"Okay." I answer him, looking down.

"Here." He handed me something without looking up.

"Nate," I start, looking at it, realizing it was his debt card. "I don't need this. I'll pay for it." I add tossing it on his notebook.

"You're not paying for the things I need, Hunter. Just take my card."

"I'll pay for it."

"Then I'll pay you back." He narrowed his eyes.

"No. Nate. No." I reply to him. "Just relax. I got this."

He just looked at me for a moment before scratching the back of his head only to wince in pain.

Dumb move on his part.

"No matter how many times I say otherwise you're just gonna deny it, aren't you?" He asked looking at his hand. His heads bleeding again.

"Yes."

"I'll never win, will I?"

"No."

"Fine." He sighed looking up at me, wiping his hand on the towel beside him.

"God you're difficult." I laugh as I turn around.

"I try to be." He replied quietly with a small laugh before looking at his book.

"I'll see you later, Nate." I call to him, grabbing my sweater.

"Later." He called to me as I left him alone with the dog.