Chapter 21

H.U.N.T.E.R

He had about an hour an a half before Nate decided he was going down to Random Encounters, being that Aj decided to invite us over.

Which is good. Nate should talk to someone other than me and that Dog.

He had a small conversation with Survivor the other day. He was sitting on his bed with his laptop, and started talking to the dog like the dog was talking back to him.

I actually think Nate is starting to lose his mind. He has been acting kinda weird. More than usual.

Speaking of Nate, where the hell is he now?

Standing up, I see my phone, and Nate's laptop.

I then hear the dog barking, looking outside, I see Survivor running around on a small patch of grass by the hotel, and Nate sitting on the hood of his car, lost in an un blinking daze.

He was watching Survivor, but in a way he's not. I then saw him look down, as if something caught his attention.

I wonder what it was.

After a minute of watching him, I pick up my own phone, calling his.

I saw his phone buzzing on the hood of his car. He looked at it before picking it up.

"What do you need?" He asked.

"Nothing, I just wanna know what you're doing?" I say.

"Sitting outside, on the hood of my car. Being by myself. Why?"

" ' Cause I can see you from the Hotel Room Window." I answered him.

"Oh really?" He asked before looking up at me, before flipping me off. "Then I'm guessing you saw that." He added.

"I'm going to pretend I didn't." I say.

He laughed before shifting on the hood. "So what do you actually need?"

"We're leaving in an hour an a half, Nate. Have you decided if you actually wanna go."

"We're going. I haven't actually seen those guys in a while.. And it's you're lucky day. They have cats. Two of them."

He played the cat card on me.. Damn him.

"Okay. Well, I'm not staying on the phone with you, if I can see you. I'll just yell out of the window if I need you." I say.

"Hey, people in LA already think I'm the weird Musician guy in the neighborhood. I don't need them thinking I'm even weirder." He told me.

"It's my job to embarrass you." I say before hanging up.

Setting my phone down, I look out the window once more, Nate was still sitting on the hood of his car, watching the dog.

It's sad to say this now, but him without Morgan, is painful. He pains his own existence because she's not here.

I wish he never did that. I wish he'd respect what's happened more than he already does.

But he won't. An because of it, he's losing it. His sanity.

I haven't said a thing to him about what's happening. I know how much it bugs him, but he doesn't know what I know.

He doesn't know that what's happening with him and Morgan is causing his own health to fall.

He doesn't know his own health is falling. He doesn't see it, and it pains me that he doesn't see it.

I just wish he would.. Before its too late.