Chapter 24

NATE

Hunter was sitting across from me at the Pizza Parlour devouring an entire tray of pizza. I had a tray in front of me, I've only touched two or three slices.

It's been another month since everything happened. It's been an eventful five months, let me tell you that.

Hunter's leaving tomorrow so I thought I'd do something to thank him for coming down and putting up with all my Bullshit.

Cuz everyone knows there's a lot of that in my life right now.

"You haven't touched your Pizza, Nate." Hunter said to me, as he swallowed what he had in his mouth.

"Not hungry." I sigh.

"Bull," he looked at me, holding up a slice of his own pizza. "I call Bull on that."

"It's true." I say.

"Nope." He sighed, setting his own pizza down, picking up s slice of mine.

"I'm gonna make you eat this slice of Pizza." He said to me, before gently slapping me with the Pizza Slice.

I didn't even budge.

He continued slapping me with my Pizza Slice. I still didn't budge. I only looked at him, with a look in my eyes.

After five more minutes, of him slapping me with Pizza, he stopped looking at me.

"You.. Uh, got something in your hair, man." He said to me, setting down the Pizza.

"Yeah, it's Tomato Sauce." I say to him, picking a pepperoni off my cheek.

"How did that not piss you off, Nate?" He asked.

"What do you mean?"

"The last time Brett did that, you accidentally spilt a Mountain Dew on him."

"Yeah, and?"

"Never mind.."

We went silent again.

"So, what are you going to do, while I'm not here?" He asked me.

"What I usually do." I answered.

"Go back home?"

"No.." I look up. "Not yet."

"Who are you gonna hang with?"

"Well, there's some YouTuber's here, I know, that I could hang with, and Brett's coming down in a few days. Him and his Wife are looking for a house in Burbank, and they want my help, so, I have him too."

He looked at me again, "you gonna be okay by yourself?"

I nod, unsure of myself. "Yeah.." I say.

"You don't sound convincing." He said to me.

"I'll be fine. I know I will." I say.

Even to myself, I don't sound convincing. He knows me well enough to tell if I'm lying or not.

"It'll be okay," I say. "I've been through something like this before, Dookie. This isn't my first Rodeo."

"Actua--"

"Figure of Speech, Hunter.."

"Right, I knew that.." He sighed.

"Everything will be okay," I add. "I know it will."

Hunter then looked at me, before handing me a napkin. "You missed some Tomato Sauce." He said.

I take out my phone, opening the inner camera, seeing the front of my hair, clumped with Pizza topping and sauce.

As I wipe down the sauce, I for once, noticed how tired I looked. Have I looked like this the past 4 months? Is it really that noticeable?

Shaking it off, I close my phone, setting it on the table.

"If you're not hungry, can I have you tray?" He asked me suddenly.

"What?" I ask, "yeah, go ahead." I answer him, sliding my tray to him.

He took the pizza, finishing it off silently, I look off into the distance, towards the window.

I only blink once, when someone walking by, catches my eyes.

Morgan?

She was walking down the street alone, walking fast. For some reason, she looked different. Much different.

Maybe she hasn't changed at all, I just haven't seen her in a while, and I think there's a change to her.

... Or maybe she has changed in appearance.

I was so tempted to get up an chase after her, I need to talk to her, tell her the truth... But something kept me sitting down, and sitting down, is where I will still.

I watch her walk past, as I see her disappear in the street.

Hunter was still finishing that tray, and thankfully didn't notice that.

"You'll know when the right time is, Nate." I hear him say to me.

"What?" I ask as I turn back to him.

"I saw you staring. You saw her. She was walking down the street. I saw her too."

Shoot.

"You'll know the right time, Nate. Nows not that time..."