Chapter 22- Trail Of Betrayal

I looked around frantically, where was she? The shadowy trees where covering everything as far as the eye could see. Storm and Flame where out of sight. The bright leaves stirred as the wind flowed through the branches. I sighed. If she had left then it was for a good reason. I glanced at Twilight which was trying hard not to fidget.

"Do you know where she is?" I asked her calmly but my eyes shown with the remaining fury.

"I... I don't know. I told her to stay the bushes until it was all clear" she murmured and looked down. "Sorry, Luna" she said sadly. North glanced at me then at his sister over and over again like he couldn't decide which side to take. I glared at her.

"You where still the last one with her, Twilight. Did she say or do something that could've that hinted that she was going to do something?" I questioned her further. She flicked her black ears and shook her head in response. North looked like he was getting angry now, I couldn't blame him though.

"Twilight did you. ..?" He asked nervously. She glared at him and shook her head. I had no idea what they where talking about. I just wanted to find Lily. Even if Storm didn't care, he 'gave' me Lily. And technically, that made her special. Plus, her attitude, she was the other part of me.

But I wish Storm was too.

I sighed and North glanced at me, worried .

"Are you OK?" He asked me and his green yellow eyes shown with concern. I nodded slightly.

"Yeah.... I'll just.... miss him" I choked out. I suddenly had tears in my eyes. I sunk to the floor and cried softly. I looked up and saw Twilight and North looking at me weirdly. But I didn't care. Was all this a lie? Our freindship? Our relationship? Was it fake? All those times we laughed and smiled together.... it was all a lie. I buried my head in my paws and cried. Then, North was there.

"Mystic, it's alright. We'll find Lily. Twilight...." he said and I felt him move to look at his sister. "Can you look ahead? I'll be right there" he told her. She looked nervous, but I couldn't really tell through my blurry eyes. Well, I guess you can say eye. But in the end she nodded and ran off into the forest. North stayed with me. I felt him settle down beside me. I stiffened, this was what he wanted huh? For us to be alone?! I got up quickly and glared at him. My blue eyes burning,with anger, with sadness...

And embarrassment.

I didn't know what brought it on. But when he looked up at me, his yellow green eyes looking innocent. He looked..... nice. I shook my head violently. No! When I finally got the courage to speak. I told him.

"So...... are you going to tell me what's it's all about? "I asked nervously. My blue eyes flicked to his.

He looked at me calmly. And replied,

"Isn't it obvious?" He told me and looked around quickly. He was nervous as I was. I could tell. I already knew the answer. But I had to see if I was right.

"I like you, Mystic. From the moment we met"

Well, Darn....

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

3rd person pov-

"Do you have them ready?" The Black male wolf snarled. The other one, that was bowing before him,shook it's head.

"N-no sir... but I know where their headed..." The younger wolf managed to get out. The dark trees seemed to be reaching out to grab her. Or so she thought.

"Where's your partner? He should have come to!" He barked angrily. His green eyes hard emeralds as he glared down upon her.

"H-he didn't want to come.... he wanted to stay..... with the subject...." she managed to get out. But it was kinda hard to talk with her face on the floor, every time she opened get mouth bits of dirt came in. But she had not ordered to rise yet.

"He knows the punishment for that! As a result he will die! "The leader growled viciously and the younger wolf sunk further into the ground.

"But, Alpha...." she said helplessly. Unable to think of a way to help her partner. The green orbs turned to her and she instantly regretted talking out of line.

"But what!? Every day we are getting more and more traitors! We have one mission to accomplish and that's by killing the Blue Flamed Wolf! Yet everyone is going under her influence! And she doesn't even know what she is!" He went on and on which seemed like forever. But she kept her head low and dared not to speak. She knew better than to speak out of line. That's why she doesn't talk as much as she used to. She learned her lesson.

"Why aren't you listening?" He barked. And she stiffened. Unaware the alpha had stopped talking.

"Alpha, as a warrior of the Dark Star pack. I think you should let us continue to observe the Blue Flamed Wolf" she spoke as calmly as she could with her head in the dirt. Her Alpha's eyes burned her very fur. But then, he sighed. His posture softened up dramatically and he murmured a apology.

"I'm so sorry, this is all new to me, my father's dying words where 'Kill the Blue Flamed wolf.....' and now that we have a lead on it. We may actually carry out his legacy." He told her. His voice dripping with the words trap, beware. She couldn't trust him.  But she couldn't pull away from his soft voice. She still had her whole body on the dirt. She couldn't believe him. She wouldn't believe him. But.......

"Oh come on, Twilight. You know you want me" he purred. She couldn't see him. Couldn't figure or which pay off him was real. The monster or the cheater. Either way, she hated him. Hated her own alpha. That's why she had jumped at the first chance she had to get out of the Dark Star. Her silver eyes glared at the Alpha.

"I will never be yours!" She said hastily and stood up without permission. It was a risk but she knew she had to do it.

"You may have brought me in. Been my friend before. But now, I am not! I am against everything you are for! But if you agree not to hurt Mystic, I will be in your pack. I will obey your rules. "She said truthfully. Keeping her eyes on his, she waited. He slowly nodded. A slow grin showing on his face.

"We have a deal, Twilight"

A/N

Tomorrow is a special day for me, but all I have to say is:

Solarflare