Chapter 23-Shadow & Nightshade

I opened my mouth. Unable to make any words. My eyes flicked nervously. Anywhere, anywhere but him. I could feel him watching me. I could feel the cold breeze ruffling my fur. I licked my lips nervously. But I didn't understand. Why was I reacting this way for three words? Three simple words. But yet my heart was racing. I shuffled around. The cool grass, crunching beneath my paws. I finally had the nerve to look at him. His light green eyes shone brightly. His brown and black fur flowing in the wind. What's up with the wind? I mean, there's no wind but yet....My mind was just a big fat blob. I closed my eyes but he stayed beneath my eyelids. Aaahhhh! I knew why I felt this way. My eyes shot open and I closed the gap between us and I put my head on his neck and nuzzled him.

"I think...... I think I like you too, Northern." I whispered faintly.

He just stood there. Processing the information. At first I started to freak out. What? Did I say something wrong? Did I do something wrong? Am I doing something wrong? My breath hitched in my throat. Then he rested his head on mine. I let out a sigh. I didn't know. He wasn't my mate. He wasn't Storm. But that was good. Storm had left. He was gone. I needed to let him go. And that was final. I had to be strong and continue with the ones I love. I will hold my head high and show him. Wherever he is. That I've let go. That I don't care anymore. I choked back a sob and North noticed. He broke away. And I looked at him. No come back I thought desperately.

"Mystic-" he started and his eyes showed only concern. But those eyes. Silver eyes used to show that emotion. And they had been a lie.

"No. No I'm OK. Let's.... let's go find Lily" I said hurriedly and looked down. I couldn't let him notice.... I started towards the forest. The green light welcomed me as I walked in. But wouldn't it be easier if we had the pack to look for her? North walked silently behind me. Watching my every move. I moved awkwardly with the knowledge until I couldn't hold it back.

"Let's go back" I told him as I turned around almost crashing into him.

"Why?" He asked me, vividly confused. I growled as he blocked my way.

"Because even though Storm-" he flinched as I said his name but I continued "is gone, I'm still Alpha female right? I don't really trust Pine to run it forever. We have to go back. My mother and Midnight are there. We can get more help there" I finished and glanced at him. He looked torn. But he nodded reluctantly.

"OK, now can you let me go?" I asked him and he quickly stepped out of my way. I walked past him and, just for fun. Slapped him with my tail as I walked past. He jerked back and I laughed at the look at his face. He looked at me and I stopped instantly. I glance at his face and ran for my dear life. I put on a burst of speed and almost flew to the pack house. The trees whizzed by and my paws thundered on the ground but my mind was elsewhere. It worried me that Twilight was out there all alone looking for Lily. Once we got to the mine I took several deep breaths and I glanced at North to see if he was still mad about slapping him. He just looked at me and flicked his ears to the door. I groaned now more than ever since it had a door nob I looked at him hopelessly

"I got no hands" I told him in a duh tone. And he frowned.

"Your a werewolf aren't you? " he asked me.

"Yes! But I can't shift! Lily is my human and I can't find her at the moment!" I growled starting to get angry.

"Well, I'm not shifting." He said flatly and sat down. I glared at him but to no avail. Then it dawned on me.

"Wait.... your a werewolf?" I asked him. He just glanced at me and looked away.

"Um.... yeah.....I am" he said nervously.