Chapter 27- Silver Stars

We ran, powered off adrenaline, we ran until we couldn't run anymore. I couldn't help remembering the dull thud as the axe swung straight into Leo. Or the gunshots. I whined. At any moment I was expecting one of the hunters to silently slide out from behind any nearby tree. I knew I wouldn't be sleeping well any time soon.

I collapsed, panting but surprised to find that we had not been followed. Or had we? I couldn't even appreciate the landscape. We lay atop a hill, gazing down at the green, blue and even purple ocean, an island far, far away, and the beautiful flower forest down below. A bunch of different flowers bunched together so beautifully that it i couldn't even see the ground.Tendrils of silvery mist dotted around everywhere. The lush green grass warm against my paws and stomach as I laid down and looked up.

Silver stars. They stood out in the darkest night sky that I had ever seen. The patterns were the same. Always the same. Spirals.. going round and round. But so was the world. We were lost.

I suddenly snapped back to reality all panicky and alert. The air was silent and the silence was eery. A lightening bolt flashed, illuminating the area. I heard Lily whispering in my head, over and over. "The stars. Use them. Use those silver stars. They can guide you home." Home.

Could I call the Mine home? I am the alpha. It is my home! Y... Yes. I am the alpha! A stick snapped and the soft sound of paws padding across the dry dirt made me turn and give a low growl. It was Storm. How I wished I would've slapped him when I got the chance.

I didn't stop growling, I just did it quieter. "Mystic." He whispered. He sat next to me. I silenced myself. "I'm... Sorry." That was all he said before leaping off our hill, his fur ruffling, and he landed gracefully before running off into the night. I blinked, that's all he would say huh? I knew that that wasn't true. Dark clouds washed over the sky, and the silver stars drowned. I got up and padded to a stoned area where I would be alone. We all needed to process what had happened.

My head lay rested on my paws. My body pressed against a giant flat rock that hung over the edge. My body was long. My legs folded back. My blue eyes looking up. The pink and gold and peach light of the sunrise stained the clouds. I was bored. And Flame awoke to be absolutely furious.

Northern's Pov-

"WHERE? WHERE DID THE FLEABAG GO TO?!" Flame screamed.

"Could you just shut up?!?!?!" I growled angrily at her. And she snapped her head around. Eyes blazing, she glared at me.

"I have no business with you, monster" she growled and I flinched. So she knew then... I looked up and she just smirked.

"We're watching you too, Moon wolf" she said, and with that she vanished into the bushes. Mystic faced me, completely unaware of the conversation that Flame and I had. She couldn't have at the distance she was in. She smiled at me. I was surprised that she was happy. We were still lost. We had no way to get back. Then, she explained what she had seen.

And I had a thought.

"Wait, you said you had a pack right? What was it called? A new pack?" I questioned.

She blinked, like she finally caught on.

"Mist Star Pack, why...?" She asked nervously.

"Look around, Mystic. What do you see?" I advised and pointed my muzzle upward.

"I see silver stars in the darkened night, shining brightly with no fear.... but I also see mist everywhere. Covering and hiding everything..." She trailed off. Her eyes widening.