Chapter 24- Hidden Voices

Northern's Pov-

I looked at Mystic steadily. Her white fur shining beautifully in the moonlight. When she had made that comment that no one was going to touch me I thought she really cares but when the two she wolves came in and one said that she was on our side and the other looked ready to burst I took a sudden interest in them. They looked close. The beta's sister and a fighter. I hauled myself up and walked over to Mystic. When she heard me she turned and set her blue eyes on me.

"Yes, North?" She asked softly. She looked worried,  aw, she thinks I'm going to tell her something. But I was....

"Yeah.... um... you know that everyone was saying that I was in alliance with the Red Peak? " I asked nervously and looked at my paws. But looked up when I heard a growl.

"Northern, I don't care what they say. Your with us, Twilight is looking for Lily and that's all that matters. Your on our side" she said flatly and her ears where pined back. I looked at her with sadly.

"No..... it's true. I'm with them." I admitted and I looked down. I felt her stiffen and I thought here it comes...I could almost hear her thoughts running.

"When?" I heard her whisper. I slowly looked up once more. Her eyes filled with sadness and disbelief.  Yet it pained me. I didn't understand her question. The rest of the wolves, what was left of them, where listening closely. But the ones that where here, Midnight, Nightshade and Shadow that I knew well, only their names looked ready to just about to but into our conversation.

"W-What do you mean when? " I asked her nervously and finally stood up normally. Her eyes flicked to the other wolves realizing they where there too.

"When did it start? Since when where you in my father's pack? "She asked distantly and that got me worried. She was always so alert and focus and now she was acting strange.

"I was born in the Dark Star pack. The alpha there ordered my sister and I to come and try to break in and to make you guys think we where one of your wolves. Twilight has always been loyal to him. The Alpha, I mean. But.... when we first saw you, you where so....." I stopped, searching for the right words.  "Beautiful and dangerous. You commanded more power them that no good Alpha of yours" I ended the sentence in a growl and saw her eyes glaze over. I wondered vaguely if I had said the right thing.

"Northern, Storm may be gone from both my heart and this pack. But he was a leader to be reckoned with. What I want to know" she paused and looked at me evenly with cold blue eyes. I swallowed nervously and flicked my ear to show her I was listening.

"Is where your loyalties lie, and where is your sister?" She asked smoothly with no emotion. That got me worried. I really did say something wrong...

"My loyalty is with you. I thought I had expressed that enough" I said slowly until a grin was on my face "Unless you want me to express it now....?" I added and watched her eyes go round.

"N-no! I'm OK. It's OK" she stuttered and looked away to the Beta, a silent plea in her eyes. I smiled but then remembered. Where was my sister? Was she really looking for Lily, or was she reporting to our old Alpha? I snapped out of my thoughts as Midnight walked over to us. His own black fur was barely visible in the dark night. But luckily, there was moonlight.

"I believe we have a rebellion to lead, Mystic" he nodded to me but turned his attention to her. I didn't care. As long as he didn't-

"Yes, Midnight. I think we should send you in and Shadow to spread the news. Tell only the ones that will listen, the ones we know that's on our side. But....." she looked down sadly

"I'm not that popular amongst the Wolves. I believe, that no one shall come to my aid" She said dimly. My green eyes glowed brightly in the night. I snarled softly and she looked up at me.