Chapter 30- Bloodshed of the Two packs!

No way.

There was no way.

I smelled blood as I neared the Mine. I could hear wolves snarling and the tearing of flesh. Who could be so naive in attacking the strongest pack there was? My two pack mates seemed to sense this and both of their eyes harden. I gave a growl of my own, but in the inside I was scared for my mother and Midnight. We ran swiftly and silently, making sure we wouldn't be detected. Even if the wolves that were fighting could only hear clashing, it was best for us to be careful either way. It seemed as if the trees had darkened from its usual bright cheery mood to a haunted forest. I didn't like this.... I didn't like this at all...

"Mystic, Mystic!" Dahlia barked urgently, trying to get my attention.

"What?!" I snapped. Turning back to look at her, my blue eyes glowing angrily. We had to get to the Mine fast! When she saw this her ears went down slightly but still had a gleam in her eyes.

"I need to tell you something about Northern!" She growled.

I snarled softly. Great, yyaaaayyy. My favorite topic. My head snapped up as a fallen tree came to view and I jumped over it smoothly. The bark never grazing my white fur. That was an accomplishment for me. I grinned but focused on the task ahead.

"Why tell me something now? We're about to go into battle and he's right next to us. " I told her warily. I didn't know how she would take this.

"That's exactly why, Northern is the Moon Wolf!" She spat like it was something disgusting she wanted to get out. I almost turned and tackled her. How dare she talk that way about him. Instead, I growled, not even turning back.

"And?" I said simply, continuing my run through the dark forest.

"Don't trust him. He's.... he has powers unlike no other wolf" she told me almost fearfully. I let that sink in. Powers....? My eyes glazed over and I blocked everything out. The trees were a blur around me. The shadows danced along the ground, soundless. The wind whipped around me, blocking out most of the noise. I saw a shadow running through the forest gracefully on my left. North I thought softly and the figure started running closer by my side. My eyes detected brown and black fur through the trees. Yes, it was him. I was sure of it.

"And so, that's why you stay away. He's dangerous, unpredictable. That's why I told you all of his powers." Dahlia's voice broke my train of thought. I blinked, confused. What powers...?

"You weren't even listening where you?" She snorted.

"No, I wasn't." I admitted but I showed no regret of doing so.

"Why!? You should know what he's capable of!" She growled.

"Because it doesn't matter" I said flatly, staring right in front of me. I could still detect North beside me. Why hadn't Dahlia noticed only Lupa would know.

"What do you mean it doesn't matter!? He's dangerous and he'll kill anyone to get what he wants!" Dahlia admitted, yelling.

My eyes flashed with something fierce. I stopped so suddenly my paws skidded on the dirt for a good few feet. I turned around and snarled right at her face.

"It doesn't matter if he's dangerous or not he's been nothing but help for me and I love him!" I roared and growled angrily.

"So say what you want about him. He's not the bad wolf here. That's the Red Peak pack alliance! So you can help us or you can run to the Dark Star with your tail between your legs." I added firmly, snarling softly but strongly.

It was her turn for her eyes to flash. "I'm never going back with them. You guys seem nice enough and I'd like to stay here and examine North." She informed me coldly.