Chapter 2

You finished up fixing Poe's ship by the end of the day. You looked it over one last time and smiled. It was an amazing X-wing. You wiped your hands off on your bandana and put your hands on your hips, satisfied with your work. Poe came wandering over a few minutes later. "I thought I'd tell you that dinner was being served," he said before following your gaze to the X-wing. "It looks amazing!" You looked at him, a bit shocked that he was agreeing with what you were thinking. "Thank you," he said, gently hugging you. "Y-you're welc-come," you stuttered as you started to blush. "They were right about you, Checkers. You really are the best," he said with a smile, letting go of you.

You blushed even more and looked down at the ground. "Thanks. It means a lot for you to say that," you said quietly. Poe smiled widely at you. Oh god. That smile. It was amazing. Just the like rest of him. You needed to stop doing this right now. "Come on, I'll show you to the dining hall," he said as he headed back to the base. You smiled a little and followed behind him, keeping a distance between you two. "Why are you walking so far away from me," he asked with a chuckle. "I'm not going to bite." You laughed softly and sped up, walking along side him. "Sorry, just a bit tired," you said, running a hand through your hair. He chuckled. "I think we're all tired after the week we've just had," he said.

This week has been hectic. First, Poe had been sent on a mission to Jakuu to get a map to Luke Skywalker where he managed to get captured by Kylo Ren and the First Order. He managed to escape with the help of a Stormtrooper who he named Finn and then crash landed on Jakuu, trying to find BB-8. When he finally returned, he had to go to a battle at Maz's Castle. Then, he had to fly into a vent of the First Order's super weapon and destroy it. If that wasn't hectic, you didn't know what was. But you admired the man. He was incredible brave and one of the nicest people on the base. He seemed to have the ability to stay happy in the saddest, most war-filled times, and that was a talent.

"Well here we are," he said as the two of you walked into the dining hall. "Thanks," you said, looking up at him with a smile. "No problem," he said, smiling back. "And again, thank you so much for fixing my ship. Will you be fixing the others tomorrow?" You laughed softly and nodded. "You're welcome and of course I will," you said. "Awesome, see you tomorrow," he said, happily before heading over to sit with a group of his friends. You smiled at the ground and headed over to sit with some of the other mechanics. You ate and headed back to your room, still smiling.