Chapter 14

You woke up the next morning and sat up, looking around the room. You were in Poe's room and he was sleeping on the couch again. You chuckled softly and laid back down. A few minutes later, you heard Poe sit up. "Hey fly guy," you said with a smile as you sat up. "Good morning checkers," Poe said with a grin. You chuckled softly at your nickname and slowly stood up. You walked over to the couch and sat down next to Poe. "How'd you sleep," Poe asked with a yawn. "I slept well," you said with a small smile. "You fell asleep when we were sitting outside," he chuckled as he reached you to hold your hand.

You laughed softly and rubbed the back of Poe's hand with your thumb. "I was tired and your shoulder was comfortable," you said quietly. He chuckled and smiled. "You know what we're going to do today," he asked with another small yawn. "You're going to get more sleep," you answered in a questioning tone. He laughed and kissed your forehead. "You're adorable, (Y/N)," he said. You blushed and looked down at your hand. "But.. I was going to say, we could take that trip to Yavin now," Poe continued. You looked up at him.

"Really," you asked excitedly. Poe chuckled at your excitement and nodded. "Yeah, the general told me to take a few days off, so we can go to Yavin...then have a few days here to ourselves," he said with a small smirk. You smiled and sighed. "Sounds good," you said. The two of you talked for a few minutes before Poe went to get ready for the day. After he finished, the two of you headed down to your room so you could get ready. When you finished, you and Poe headed out to the launch bay. As you walked, Poe linked arms with you, earning a few glares by a few of the female pilots. You were his and he was yours. He wanted everyone to know that.

You got to the ship and looked up at Poe. "Help me get everything going," he asked, raising an eyebrow. "Hm... Nope," you teased, climbing up into the ship and sitting down. "You can get everything ready. I'm going to fly this thing." Poe chuckled and checked over everything before climbing into the ship. "Let the pro handle this," he said, shooing you out of the pilot's seat. He sat down and you sat down on his lap. Poe rolled his eyes and chuckled, wrapping his arms around your waist. "What are you doing?" You raised an eyebrow at his question. "What? I can't sit on my boyfriend's lap," you asked with a laugh.

Poe kissed you gently. "I mean, you can but I can't see.. And I kinda need to see in order to fly," he said. You kissed him back before standing up and heading over to the copilot seat. "Wow, you'd rather look at space than your girlfriend. I see how it is," you said, crossing your arms and pouting a little. "Aw come on, checkers. Don't be like that," Poe laughed, glancing over at you as he took off.  You tried to continue pouting, but you couldn't. You looked at him and smiled, giggling a little. "That's better," the pilot said with a smile. You rolled your eyes at him and looked in front of you. "You're a dork, Poe Dameron," you said with a grin. "Well so are you, (Y/N)(L/N)," Poe answered with a small smirk.

The two of you sat, bantering the whole way to Yavin. When you finally arrived on Yavin, you quickly climbed out of the ship, looking around at the planet. "There's so many trees...," you said, amazed by the greenery on the planet. Poe stood behind you and wrapped his arms around your waist. "It's beautiful, isn't it," Poe asked with a chuckle. "It is," you answered quietly. Poe let go of you and grabbed your hand, leading you toward a house. "This is where you grew up," you asked. Poe nodded. "Well it's definitely better than growing up on Tatooine," you laughed. Poe walked to the front door of the house and knocked on it.

He wrapped his arm around your waist as a man opened the door. "Poe? What are you doing here? I wasn't expecting to see you until the First Order was gone," the man said. The man hugged Poe tightly. "Dad, this is my girlfriend, (Y/N). Checkers, this is my dad, Kes," Poe said with a small smile. You grinned and shook Kes's hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Dameron," you said. Kes smiled back. "It's a pleasure to meet you too, (Y/N)," he said. "And please, call me Kes," You nodded and looked up at Poe. "I was given a few days off so I thought we would spend a couple days here," Poe explained to his father. "Well then, come on in you two," Kes said, backing away from the door.

You walked in and looked around. Poe wrapped an arm around your waist as his father started to speak again. "Why don't you show her around a bit," he said. Poe nodded and headed down a hall. "So... Are we sharing a room...," you asked, looking up at Poe. "If it's alright with you," Poe answered. You slowly nodded. "It'd be fine with me," you said quietly. "Good," the pilot said with a grin as he started showing you around the house.

Guess what guys! I've decided to make a sequel to this story. You're all going to hate me for it (I already know it xD). But I'll keep you updating on that!