Chapter 6

Poe stood there for a minute. "You just said I was attractive," he said loudly before running after you. He finally caught up and walked along side you. "What do you want now," you asked. "You said I was attractive," he repeated. You gave him a confused look. "I don't know why you're acting so surprised. I thought that was a fact," you answered nonchalantly. He walked along side you, not saying anything for a few minutes. "You okay," you asked with a chuckle. Poe looked over at you. "Yeah, yeah. I'm fine," he said with a small smile. You smiled back at him and the two of you headed to the dining hall. "Do you want to sit with me? My friends are a bit...odd, but I think you'll like them," Poe said with a smile. You thought for a moment. "Um... Sure," you finally answered.

You weren't a very sociable person so you were a bit nervous about meeting Poe's friends. You sat down next to Poe and awkwardly looked down at the table. He introduced you to the other pilots and one person who wasn't a pilot, Finn. Finn was a really nice guy. You could definitely see why him and Poe were best friends. You spent all of dinner talking with Poe and his friends. After dinner, you headed back to your room. "Hey (Y/N), wait up," a voice called. You turned to see Poe heading towards you. "You just can't leave me alone today, can you Dameron," you said with a chuckle. "Well I'm sorry that I want to talk to you," he said with a laugh.

You rolled your eyes and looked at him. "What do you want," you asked. "I just wanted to know if you'd maybe want to hang out after I finish with drills tomorrow," Poe answered quietly. You were a bit shocked. "I don't know... I mean, I'm not sure if I'm going to have to...to uh...work," you said, stumbling over your words as you spoke. "Oh come on (Y/N). You just fixed seven X-wings in three days. I think you deserve some time off," Poe argued. You sighed and looked at him. "Fine. If you want to hang out, I'll do it," you said, finally giving in. It was hard to say no to him.

Poe smiled widely. "Yessss," he said happily. You rolled your eyes and walked to your room, Poe following behind you. "Well... I'll see you tomorrow," Poe said awkwardly. "See you tomorrow," you said before opening the door to your room and walking inside. You closed the door and leaned back against it, sighing happily. You headed over to your bed and changed before heading to bed, excited for tomorrow. You woke up the next morning and dressed in something causal before heading to get breakfast. You quickly ate and headed out to the hangar. A few minutes later, Poe's squadron landed and you headed over to his X-wing.

"Hey fly guy," you said with a smile, leaning against his X-wing. "Hey checkers," Poe said, turning to look at you, a huge grin on his face. You chuckled softly and watched Poe unhook BB-8 from his X-wing. "So what's the plan for today, pretty boy," you asked, raising an eyebrow. "I was thinking we just go for a walk or something. You haven't seen much of the planet," the pilot said, looking over at you. "I haven't seen much of any planet," you laughed. "There's not much to see on Tatooine, just sand. Lots and lots of sand." Poe chuckled. "Then you'll be in for a treat. Let's go," he said with a smile before grabbing your hand and heading off.