Chapter 15

~Poe Dameron's POV~

"So how did you meet her," my father asked, looking over at (Y/N). She had fallen asleep earlier, sitting on my lap, her head rested on my shoulder. "She was my squadron's mechanic," I explained, glancing down at her, smiling as she snored softly. "I met her not too long ago when she was working on my X-wing." Kes chuckled softly. "Well it looks and seems like a match made in heaven," he said. I chuckled softly and sat back, being careful not to wake (Y/N) up. "She seems like such a sweet girl," my father continued. "She is...," I said quietly. "I really, really love her." Kes chuckled again. "I can tell by the way you two look at each other. Trust me son, she's a keeper," he said. I laughed softly and looked back down at (Y/N).

"General Organa asked me to bring her here...," I said quietly. "Something about her being 'off'..." Kes glanced from (Y/N) to me. "What does that mean," he asked. "I don't know. All the general said was to get her off the base for a few days, so that's what I did. She wanted to see Yavin anyways," I explained. My father and I sat in silence for a minute. "I'm going to head to bed. I'll see you tomorrow morning," I said quietly. I slowly stood up, trying my best to not wake (Y/N). "Hey Poe," Kes said quickly. "Yes dad," I asked, holding (Y/N) bridal style. "Just keep an eye on her, okay? Leia probably had a good reason why she told you what she did." I nodded. "I know," I answered before headed down the hall to my room. I gently laid (Y/N) down in the bed and laid next to her, wrapping an arm around her waist, holding her tightly as I drifted off to sleep.

~Your POV~

You woke up the next morning, blinking a few times. You smiled, feeling Poe's arm around your waist. You sighed and slowly sat up, waking up Poe by accident. "It's morning already...," he asked. "Yeah," you said with a giggle. "Why do you have a habit of falling asleep on me already," he asked with a chuckle. You shrugged and giggled. "I have no clue," you said. Poe chuckled and wrapped his arms around your waist, pulling you back down. "Poe, I'm hungry," you argued, trying to sit up again. "Aw come on darling," Poe said, pouting a little. You sighed and gently kissed him. You felt him smile as he kissed you back. He pulled away after a minute, resting his forehead on yours. "Can I go eat now," you asked. Poe chuckled and let go of you. "Go ahead."

You stood up and headed down the hall, leaving Poe behind in the room. A few minutes later, he wandered out into the kitchen. "Okay, don't wait for me," he teased. "Food is more important," you joked. "Is that so," Poe asked, raising an eyebrow at you. You nodded. "Definitely." Poe rolled his eyes and grabbed something for you and him to eat. He walked over and sat on the couch and you sat beside him. As you two sat and talked, Kes came walking into the room. "I would've expected you two to wake up later," he said with a chuckle. "It's just normal for us to wake up this early now," you said with a laugh. "What were your plans for the day," Kes asked. "I was just gonna show her around the planet a bit," Poe said, looking over at you for approval.

You nodded and smiled. "Sounds like fun," you said happily. You and Poe sat and spoke for a while before heading out to explore Yavin. You walked around hand in hand, taking in the beauty of the planet. "Hey Poe..." You said suddenly. "Yes, checkers," Poe asked, looking down at you with a small smile. "What were you and your dad talking about last night," you asked quietly. "Just what had been going on in our lives since the last time we saw each other," Poe answered with a shrug. "Why do you ask?" You sighed and looked up at him. "I heard you say something about me being 'off'...," you said quietly. Poe sighed and stopped walking, putting his hands on your shoulders. "(Y/N), General Organa asked me to bring you here because there was something different about you. She wanted to get you off the base for a few days," he explained. "But why," you asked. "What is so 'off' about me?" Poe kissed your forehead, trying to calm you down. "(Y/N)...The general believes that you are force-sensitive."

I'm debating whether I should end this book here and start the sequel with the next part, or continue this one on a bit more. While I think of that, the next chapter (if there is one) may be delayed.