Save Me [Preview]

Hey guys!

I found this quick draft I had written up for the sequel to this story and wanted to see what you guys think of it. I wasn't sure how you guys would react to it so I wasn't going to post it. I'm still not too sure about it. I'm either going to completely scratch this and continue the original  story or maybe add this onto it in the future.

Please leave your opinions in the comments and remember, this is just a quick write up so (a whole year later) I would remember wtf I was writing about!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Poe's POV

"Poe... I don't have a good feeling about that new recruit...," (Y/N) said as she walked beside me. We had gotten a new recruit on the Black Squadron a few weeks back and he was a naturally amazing pilot. (Y/N) had been a bit jumpy around him. I'd never seen her act that way around anyone, but she said there something "off" about him and she didn't like it. I was a little worried about the feeling that she had, but she was probably just paranoid due to the lack of interaction the Resistance had been having with the First Order.

"(Y/N), don't worry about it. You're just overreacting," I sighed, looking down at her. "Why don't you believe me," she asked, crossing her arms across her chest, obviously getting mad at me. "I've been doing this for a while," I answered. (Y/N) sighed and looked away from me. "Speaking of our traitor," she mumbled as the new recruit came jogging over. "Commander, I just had a few questions about the mission today," the man asked. (Y/N) groaned. "Of course Alec, what can I help you with," I asked, shooting (Y/N) an annoyed look. The man started rattling of questions, mostly about parts of the X-wing's abilities and such.

I stopped by my X-wing and answered as man my of Alec's questions as I could before sending him to get ready for the mission. I sighed softly as (Y/N) started to help me get ready. "Checkers," I said quietly. "Yes fly guy," she answered with a small grin. "I have a question," I continued. "And I have an answer," (Y/N) chimed. I chuckled softly and stood next to her, leaning against the ship. "Why don't you like Alec," I asked. The smile disappeared from (Y/N)'s face. "There's just something about him. There's something off... You wouldn't understand..," she answered, frowning a little. "(Y/N), please," I sighed, reaching out to hold her hand. She sighed and looked up at me.

"I can sense something in people and what I sense in him is different from like you and Finn and Rey," she responded quietly. I stayed silent for a minute. "You're force-sensitive...," I said quietly, almost a whisper. "No, I can't be. My parents weren't," (Y/N) argued, shaking her head. "Do you know that for a fact," I asked, holding her other hand. She shook her head. "I wasn't close to my parents, I don't know a lot about them," she sighed. I hugged her tightly. "I've got to go on my mission now," I said, gently kissing her forehead. "We'll takk more about it when I come back, okay darling?" She nodded and smiled a little. She took my helmet out of my hands and put it on me. "Good luck, fly boy," (Y/N) said, giving me a quick kiss.

I should have listened to (Y/N). (Y/N) was right. Going on two months. She had been missing for almost two months. I had slipped into a bit of a depressive state, losing all motivation in my missions and patrols. I hadn't been sleeping well. I missed (Y/N). I sat in my X-wing after a drill, staring ahead, zoning out. "Dameron," a voice said, snapping me out of my daydream. "Yes general," I answered, slowly climbing out of my X-wing. "I hate seeing you like this," Leia said quietly, looking up at me. I sighed and hugged her tightly. "We'll find (Y/N), don't worry Poe," Leia assured me, hugging me back.

I couldn't help it. I started crying. "I know what you're going through Poe..," Leia said, gently patting my back. "I just want her back," I cried. "We're going to get her back, Dameron," the general said quietly, pulling me in for a hug. "I promise you that." I hugged her tightly. "Go take a rest, Poe. If we're going to get (Y/N) back, you're going to need to be well rested. I nodded and let go of Leia. "I understand, general," I said as I slowly headed to my room.