Chapter Nine: Meeting His Family

Soon enough they arrived at the small shack Ross had grown to feel welcome in, a young, innocent face peaking out the window before three little kids, one slightly taller, nearly burst down the door at the sight of their brother.

Max was shocked at the appearances of the kids. They looked nothing alike! Yet somehow they all resembles Ross at least a little bit. There was a brunette with purple blotches with paler skin than the two others, a blond with slightly tanned skin who looked a bit older than the other two, and finally a raven haired boy with tan skin.

"Seto, why on earth is your hair purple?!" Ross asked, laughing slightly as he hugged the three.

"Potion gone wrong." He said cheerily. Max was confused on why he was happy about this, but went with it.

"Awesome! Any other after effects?" Ross asked excitedly.

"It turned Lachlans tongue purple!!" He said, little stars lighting up in his eyes, making them look like little purple galaxies with brown specks that looked almost like planets.

"Really?! Lachlan, let me see!" The blond stuck his tongue out, and it was indeed a fading purple. "What was the potion supposed to do?" Ross finally asked.

"Make your hair grow longer. Lachlan wanted to taste it, and it didn't make anything grow, so I let him." Ross nodded at this.

"Ok then. Hey, how's Mom doing? ..Is she any better?" He asked hesitantly.

Seto took his hand, leading him towards the front entrance, before they finally noticed Max sort of just standing there.

Ross motioned him to follow, so he complied. Ross lead him inside and to a room, where a middle aged woman lay, her skin a nice tan and her hair a raven black. Ross sighed in relief. "She's a lot better than when I left." He said, sitting beside her and running his thumb along her knuckles.

Max sort of just stood in the doorway awkwardly, not knowing what else to do. Ross laughed once he realized what was going on and motioned him to sit beside him on the edge of the bed. "It's fine Max. Would you like to meet my Mom?" He asked quietly, looking over at the woman, who Max assumed was his Mom.

"Sure." He said. He felt a warm feeling in his chest at the fact that he was in a relationship, and had gotten to the point of meeting his parent. It was a very nice feeling.

Ross put his Moms' hand in Max's.

"Max, this is my Mom, Jess. Mom, this is the king, Max. We're.. Sorta dating." He said the last part sheepishly, looking away a bit. She grinned happily.

"OTP." She said happily, causing Ross to sigh and shake his head. Max smiled.

'Maybe being in love isn't so bad after all.'

-

WHOO! Hiya guys! Look who finally updated! I'm supposed to be sick, and this is one of my last sick days, so shhhh. 474 words! I wanted more, but my brother will be home soon and I've got art projects to work on (hoping to win the $100. So much fucking candy. And video games. Holy fuck.) and a science project, so I won't have the opportunity to update that often. I'll try and get an actual schedule. Bye! (P. S. If you're confused on the time period, it's supposed to be like the end of medieval times where things are still kinda like they are in medieval times, but people are getting smarter and learning how to do actual shit and stuff. Ok bye lovelies!) - Destiney Loves Her Bae