Chapter Ten: Short But Idc

Max and Ross had left after a little while, going back to the castle. They had decided to try and bond with all of the other servants. Though, they ended up walking around more than anything. They were in no hurry to get back to the castle.

"How old are you again?" Asked Max.

"Nineteen." He replied, though truly he felt much older. He had been through a lot for only a nineteen year old, after all. "What about you?"

"Twenty Three." He responded. Ross hummed in response. "Why exactly do you trust me?? I could betray you at any moment, and the longer you wait, the more you'll hurt. So, why, exactly??" Max asked. He realized he had a lot of questions regarding Ross.

"Because I trust you. Plus, remember, we both need this." He reminded the king.

"True, true." Max agreed. There was a silence that over fell the pair for a while, before Ross stopped, sighed, and turned around. Max caught a glimpse of grey and purple before it disappeared, Ross walking over to a tree near where he saw it and looking expectedly behind it. Out walked Seto, one of the twins, both being about the age of some of the kids at the castle.

"Seto, why on earth are you following us??" Ross asked, pushing his glasses up farther along his face. He moved his cloak to reveal a bit more of his face.

"I.. I dunno.. I was curious.." The child muttered, Ross sighing and shaking his head.

They were about to turn around and walk back to Ross' house, when suddenly a group of girls jumped down from the trees, attacking the three.

~

A/N: 280 isn't enough, or what I wanted, nor am I happy with the end, but I'm tired and sad and a puppy on a show just got killed and I dunno how I'm supposed to feel and I really don't feel like doing anything so bye lovelies. - Destiney Is Sad Af