1

The California heat hit my face as I walked to the car with my best friend at my side. We both got into the car and I instantly turned on the radio.

"I'm excited!" Grace said as she pulled her curly hair up into a pony tail. "We are finally going to see a hockey game. We have been here for 4 months and we are finally going to see our home team play the Coyotes." Grace laughs as I turn a corner.

"God you're such a puck slut." I laugh at her and run a hand through my straight hair.

"You look gorgeous by the way!" Grace winked at me, her hazel eyes sparkled as you could see how excited she was for our first home game.

I moved here to pursue my dream of being a professional photographer. Grace followed me, explaining to me that she couldn't be without me. So she's here for school to be a physical therapist and so far becoming a photographer is great. Grace models for me sometimes and I'm honestly so happy to call her my best friend.

We moved in June so it gave time for Grace to finish out high school and submit her college application. Lucky for us she made it in.

So now here we are, going to see a hockey game, her beside me with her PT notes scattered in the backseat of the car.

~

We arrive at the rink Grace has on her leggings and boots with an LA jersey, her red hair contrasting with the jersey. She gets out of the car and walks ahead of me to get into the ice rink. My blond hair blows in the wind and for once I can finally able to breathe without the LA air trying to choke me.

Already people were filling into the rink.  Different people were wearing Arizona jerseys but mostly LA ones.

"Grace, please slow down." I call out to the younger girl in front of me. She laughs at me.

"C'mon slow poke!" Grace laughs and enters the arena.

I put my head down for just a moment and in that moment I run into some guy with a suit.

"Jesus, I'm so sorry!"

He looks to be about my age and is breathing really heavily.

"Are you okay? Did I hit you? Well of course I hit you! God, I'm sorry."

He was rambling, but God it was cute.

I didn't say anything.

"Listen, can you say something I'm late." Mystery boy says.

"Fuck it, I'm late, I'm really sorry but I have to go. Goodbye."

Mystery boy runs off. That's when I noticed that his tie wasn't even tied.

The definition of a hot mess.

"He was very cute," Grace nods at me.

"Shut up, I thought you left." I laughed.

"Nope just stood there and watched that kid run into you. He's cute." She nods again.

"Mystery boy." I laugh and walk into the arena with my best friend talking about both the game and the mystery boy. Like I said, puck slut.