10

"Mike can you please help me." Strome asked and Mike nodded while taking Dylan to the back room and leaving me alone to take pictures.

I took some more of the boys and a couple of Coach before my camera notified me that it was running out of room.

I turned it off and put it away before going to sit in one of the arena seats and watching the practice.

~

After what seemed like forever the boys finally got off. All-in-all it was a 2 hour practice and Dylan missed 15 minuets because of his bloody nose.

Now I was just waiting for him to get undressed and for us to head home.

Coach Tippett came over and congratulated me on surviving my first day of work.

Then, finally, Dylan came out of the dressing room.

"Ready to go squirt?" Dylan laughed at him new nickname for me, but I just rolled my eyes and walked with him out to the car.

"Where's your gear?" I ask as I buckle the seatbelt.

"Since I'm late all the time I just leave it there. Coach doesn't know though so shh." He starts the engine and we drive back to his apartment.

~

"Can we play 20 questions?" Dylan asks as he collapses onto the couch.

"Aren't you tired?" I ask.

"Only a little." He shrugs.

Dylan does that a lot. Just shrugs his shoulders. It's cute.

"Let's play." Dylan continues on.

"Okay." I give in and take a seat on the loveseat directly next to the couch.

"Where are you from?" He asks.

"Pennsylvania." I say back.

Dylan doesn't ask more he just nods.

"Best friend?"

"I think it's my turn to ask a question?" I laugh at him.

"Nope I'm gonna ask you 20 you're gonna ask me 20. So, best friend?"

"Grace." I answer.

"Do you like cereal?"

"Yeah, Froot Loops."

"Favorite song?"

"Castle, Halsey."

"Do you like the ice?"

"My dad used to make an outdoor rink. So I've grown up with it. It's like a constant in my life." I say.

Dylan hums.

"Do you like LA?"

"If I'm being honest, no."

"Do you watch NHL hockey?"

"All the time."

"Favorite team?"

"Buffalo."

Dylan laughs but continues to ask questions.

"Cat or dog person?"

"Dog." That was simple.

"Am I an okay roommate." Dylan asks while cuddling with the pillow on the couch.

"You're okay." I giggle feeling homesick being away from Grace.

As I wait for the next question light snores fall out of Dylan's mouth. I put a blanket on him and take my camera heading upstairs to send the pictures to Coach.