19

I had one day left. One day and then I would be on a plane back to LA. Sure, I was excited to see Grace, but that was about it. I wasn't ready to leave Dylan.

Yesterday was our lazy day and today was Monday. I would leave tomorrow morning to get on that plane.

"Practice, Squirt!" Dylan calls from downstairs. I was getting all my clothes and pictures together so I can easily just pick up my luggage for tomorrow morning.

"Coming!" I call back to him and throw on a sweatshirt then grab my camera.

Dylan smiles at me while I'm running down the stairs. I can't see his eyes because he is wearing sunglasses but no baseball cap today so that leaves his unruly curls out and about.

~

"See you after," Dylan smiles at me and kisses the top of my head.

"Bye," I wave and make my way to the zamboni doors to find Mike. Turns out he was standing right on the other side of the corner.

"Strome is a man-whore." Mike tells me while we walk together.

"No he isn't, Mike stop." I roll my eyes and unpack my camera.

"Okay then tell me Mel, what even are you?"

"Why does everything need to have a label? We are perfectly fine." I grumble.

"Because labels make it real Mel." Mike rolls his eyes and gets ice packs out of his bag placing them in a bucket ready for use.

~

For the rest of the practice I refused to talk to Mike and took pictures of everyone, but Dyl. I don't know what it was, but my blood was boiling. At the moment I wanted nothing to do with the two men who were confusing me more than ever. Mike says one thing and Dylan does another.

After practice I waited for Strome outside of the ice rink.

He came out close to last and then we walked to the car. It was almost mid afternoon and all I wanted to go was go home.

"Lunch?" Dylan asks.

"Fine," I mumble and get into the passenger seat while he starts the car.

~

"Where are we going?" I shake my head as we are almost directly downtown.

"You'll see." Dylan smiles and continues to drive until we hit a parking lot. I get out and he pays.

We walk a ways down the sidewalk until we come across a place that looks like a BBQ joint. As we get closer I realize that it's the sweatshirt. It's Texas BBQ Shack. I laugh at what Dylan has done and walk in while he holds the door open for me.

Dylan must come here all the time because he knew exactly what he wanted without even looking at the menu. I ordered a lemonade to drink and he ordered a beer.

"Dyl, it's like noon." I laugh as he takes a swig.

"Never a better time for beer." He shrugs and winks at me.

"Do you know what you're getting?" He asks me.

"I think the pulled pork and Mac&Cheese."

Then finally when the waitress comes around that's exactly what I tell her. Dylan orders a half rack of ribs and some baked beans.

"I'm gonna take you out tonight." Dylan smirks.

"You are right now?" I question and drink my lemonade.

"No, like to a bar. Or better yet the club downtown!" Strome gets all excited.

"I didn't pack the right dress for the club, but I will go to a bar with you."

"Yes!" Dylan screams and a couple people give him a weird look, but he's so happy.

Finally, our food comes and we eat almost in peace.