13

DYLAN'S POV.

I don't know what was going through my mind. I guess just the fact that holy fuck she was beautiful. The way her hair was pulled back out of her face gave me access to her blue-grey eyes. Her lips were so full and pulled up into a smile.

Her tan skin contrasted with the white of her tee shirt and the way her running shorts exposed all of her legs.

I found myself biting my lip too hard when I snapped back to reality. When I looked over at Melissa she was looking out the window.

Good God was she beautiful.

This was only my second day with the girl and already I was trying to make something happen.

Dylan get your shit together.

"Squirt?" I asked. No answer.

I took my eyes off the road to see that the girl fell asleep.

I laughed to myself as I continued to drive back to my place.

~

I carried her in, her head laying on my chest as light snores left her mouth.

I smiled down at her opening up the apartment door. I debated on putting her on the couch, but what about her neck?

I took the small girl up stairs and opened the door to her room. Clothes were strewn across the room, but I didn't mind. I put her down in the bed and then pulled the comforter up to her stomach. Only then did I take a scan of the room.

A Mac Book laid at the bottom of the bed and a phone was beside it.

A book was on the nightstand and two new pictures were added to the ones on the dresser.

One was unmistakably her when she was younger, her face wasn't as clear as it was now but she was still gorgeous. She was beside a girl with red hair wearing the same shirt as her. Both wore a huge smile. And I recognized the other girl as Grace. The second picture was the two of them when they were older. Both were in two different jerseys. Melissa in a Coyotes jersey and Grace in her Dallas jersey. Both wore smiles as wide as in the first one. With her pictures up here with mine I felt at ease, it made me happy. Made me really feel like this apartment was finally a home. And a shared it with Melissa. And I was totally okay with that.