24

I woke up from my nap with no one there. Then I remembered that I had a date with Dylan. My smile grew bigger as I headed to the bathroom.

I tied my hair up and started on my makeup. It didn't consist of much, I mostly kept it natural.
Then I reached over and turned on the curling iron.

With the curler just heating up I went to Dylan's room and dug around in my suit case till I found a dress. It was blue and came down to about mid-thigh. The dress had cutouts in the back, outlining certain places. I figured, it wasn't too fancy, nor was it too casual.

I went back to the bathroom after slipping into my dress. Curling my hair didn't take long so I ran back to the bedroom to find a pair of shoes. No heels and no flats, but I had two pairs of wedges. I settled on the ones with criss cross straps.

With one look in the mirror I went down to the kitchen and soon enough there was a knock at the door. I opened up the door and was greeted with curly hair paired with brown eyes. He had on black dress pants and a sky blue button up with a dark blue tie.

"You look-" I started.

"Wow." Dylan finished for me. I watched the corners of his mouth turn up into a smile.

Dylan really looked amazing. His shirt outlined his shoulders and the tie was sloppy, but he tried. He looked taller and was nervous, he continuesly ran his fingers through his hair.

"Should we, uh, go?" Dylan asked me and pointed behind him.

"Yes," I laughed and followed him out to his car.

He opened the door for me and then while I got in he jogged around the front of the car.

"Remember that game of 20 questions we played?" Dylan asked and started the car.

"Yeah, what about it?" He pulled out of the parking space.

"You should ask me 20 questions throughout this date." Dylan smirks.

"No, that's stupid." I roll my eyes.

"Mel," Dylan whines.

"Dyl," I whine back.

"Fine let's play Would You Rather."

"Fine," I laugh.

"Would You Rather, date a hockey player or a baseball player?" Dylan smiles over at me and places his free hand over my leg.

"Baseball player," I laugh as he pouted at me.

"Your turn," Dylan looks over at me and keeps driving.

"Would You Rather, have a baby or a puppy." I asked him and Dylan cocks his head to the side. I didn't realize that the question could have meant much more, but I'm happy Dylan took it the other way.

"Puppy, babies are something else." Dylan laughs.

"We're here!" He smiles and hops out of the car. I begin to open my door, but Dylan shuts it, then reopens it.

"Sorry, I wanted to do it. I heard it was 'polite'." He looks down at his shoes and rubs the back of his neck.

"It was cute," I got out of the car and kissed his cheek.

Dylan sheepishly smiled and his cheeks turned a light pink.

He held my hand as we walked into the restaurant. The inside walls were brick and the flooring was a red velvet carpet.