#2 What's Life Without Stupidity

Next day at school, I run across the corridor and grab Jake's arm, who's been my best friend since sixth grade. He turns around. "Yo, what's up?"

"I ruined my life!" I scream.

"Shit," he says concerned, "Who'd you do it with?"

I narrow my eyes at him, "My pillow, you ass-hat."

He opens his locker, smirking.

Ellie, my second best friend approaches the both of us. "What's going on, guys?"

Ellie is the most sociable and awkwardly extroverted girl you'll ever meet. She's got a round face, curly auburn hair and adorable dimples. She's a few inches shorter than me, but she's very pretty if you ask me.

"Sarah lost her virginity."

"Ugh, Jake, shut up!"

Ellie turns to me, "Really? I never thought you'd get there before me."

I take a deep breath, "Guys, will you please listen to me?"

"I'm all ears." Ellie says, with a clumsy smile on her face.

I begin, "So last night, Dave Rodriguez texted me - "

"What?" Ellie interrupts, "That's impossible. He's way out of your league!"

"Shut it. Let me finish." I say, "He apparently thinks its Caroline he's texting."

"And you clarified the little misconception, didn't you?" Jake raises an eyebrow, but his expression changes when he sees my shameful face. "Gee, do you have any idea how pathetic that is?"

"I know," I say, truly and utterly resenting my deed now, "I'm sorry."

"I think the idea mightn't be that bad," Ellie says, "I mean, he probably won't figure out anytime soon. It's Dave Rodriguez we're talking about, anyways."

Jake groans, "I don't see what girls see in that dude."

"Well in that case, you're missing out on a lot." Ellie says.

"He's got a piercing on his tongue. A piercing on his tongue! You tell me, is that normal?"

"Guys," I interrupt, "So you don't think I'm absolutely doomed in the depths of despair?"

"What you did was stupid," Jake says, "But then again, what's life without a little stupidity?"

The bell rings.

"Time to sleep! See you guys at lunch." Jake leaves for class. Ellie places a hand on my shoulder, "Don't stress it. It'll be okay."

I nod and look up, and right in front of me, I see Dave Rodriguez leaning against his locker, looking like a Greek God in leather and old jeans, talking flirtatiously with a girl.

Mini skirt. Long blonde hair with black highlights. Pom-poms in hand.

Caroline Fucking Roberts.

Shit.

**A/N: Btw, girl in the pic is Sarah (Bridgit Mendler).**