#20 Mission Creepy Secret Admirer

**First of all, I'm SO SORRY for the late update, I'd been really busy these few days. I'm going to update regularly from now on, promise :)))
Amazing banner on the side made by itsmari-a !!! Thx so much <3**

Silent gales whip around dramatically as I stand in front of Dave digesting what I just heard.

"Sarah?" he waves his hands in front of my face, "You there?"

I break out of my trance and face him, "Wh-what do you mean, we never texted?"

"I mean we didn't."

"No, we did!" I almost yell, "You thought I was Caroline, remember?"

"Caroline?" he asks, confused, "Why would I think you're Caroline?"

"Dave..." I grit my teeth, "You took Caroline's number and texted her, but in reality, you had texted me. I had replied and all this time you thought I was Caroline."

"No," he says slowly, "I didn't."

"What the hell are you talking about?" I snap at him impatiently.

"What the hell are you talking about?" he says, "I never texted Caroline either. Not recently, at least."

I run a hand through my hair in frustration. I pull out my phone and show him the contact I had been texting with. "Is this your number?"

He squints as he reads it, "Uh, no."

I just stand there transfixed having one of those absolute what-the-fuck moments.

I speak slowly, "Did you ever crush Jessica Rabbit?"

"What?"

"Do you think chocolate looks like poop?"

"WHAT - ?"

I gasp, "You're not him."

"Who?"

"The guy I've been texting for so long," I say slowy, "You're not him."

I shake my head.

"But how the hell is that possible? He said he was Dave!"

"There's been some mistake. It wasn't me. I have no idea who texted you."

I gape in shock for some time trying to absorb in his words. Nicholas Sparks, zombies, stars, magic – none of that was Dave? Who on earth was it? For the first time, I actually feel a little bewildered.

"Dave," I ask, "Why did you kiss me?"

"Well, you like me, don't you?" he smirks a little, "I'm used to the ways of girls."

I inch away from him, "No, Dave, I'm sorry, I can't."

"What?" He frowns, "Why?"

"Don't you understand?" I say, "I liked you for the person I thought you were in the texts! But you're not him. I must find him out."

The bell rings, deafening us in the empty hall. Voices of students are heard in the distance and the hall room slowly gets crowded.

"See you, Dave." I say curtly and turn away, leaving him standing puzzled, probably not used to any girl declining him before.

oooooooooo

"So Dave is not Dave?" Ellie asks me at the lunch table.

"Apparently not." I sigh, fiddling with my food.

"You sure?" she asks, "Maybe he was just messing around with you."

"Nah, he looked serious enough."

"But – " She begins, but stops, "How's that even possible? You're sure it's not him, right?"

"Yes, I'm sure, Ellie! He's just another insensitive jock who would cheat on girls with their sisters. He's not the person I texted with."

"So have you found out who this mystery guy is?" Jake asks, with a mouthful of fries.

"What do you think I need your help for?" I groan.

"There got to be other guys called Dave, right? I mean, it's a common name."

"Yes, well, I inquired in the reception and apparently, there are two other Dave's in the school. One is Dave Dorres, who is a freshman and is currently in a relationship. I've never met that guy anyway, so chances are few it's him. The other is Dave Smith, and he's gay."

"Wow," Jake says, "Gotta say, this mystery dude's got style."

"Hey," Ellie suddenly turns to him, "You're a hacker, right? Track his contact number!"

"What?" he says incredulously, "Hacking and tracking contacts are not even remotely connected."

"Come on, try, will you?" I plead.

"Even if I do, I'll probably only find his location. That's pretty useless; considering we already know he goes to this school and thus, lives in this vicinity."

"What do I do now?" I ask.

"Don't fret, Sarah," Ellie says, "I'm sure we'll find him out. There got to be clues, right?"

I think hard for some time. Clues?

Whoa, wait. There might be one person whom I should consider talking to. I get up to leave.

"Got something?" Jake asks.

"I think so," I say, "I'll be back guys. In the meantime, try to do as much research as possible."

"Will do!" Ellie nods enthusiastically.

"Sure," Jake says, rolling his eyes, "Ready to bleed for Mission Creepy Secret Admirer."