girl meets crazy hat

THUNDER CRASHED as Maya, Riley, and Sophia walked up on the platform in the train station

"There she is again." Sophia said.

The same lady in the subway that came here the same day when Maya, Riley, and Sophia almost stopped being friends.

"Crazy Hat's always here." Maya said.

"What's her deal. Former movie star, Olympic figure skater?" Riley asked.

"Bum on a bench." Maya said jumping in on Riley's thoughts.

"But look at how she looks at everyone. What goes on in a head like hers?" Sophia asked.

"I guess we'll never know." Riley said.

"Hey, crazy hat! What goes on in your head?" Maya asked.

"And a new adventure begins." Sophia said walking behind Riley.

"You, you, and you, c'mere! I'll teach you about life." She said.

"Can't. Stranger. You want me to sit on the bench, I'm gonna need three forms of identification." Riley told the lady.

"Trust me. I know who she is. She's all right." The cop said.

"Okay, copper." Sophia said.

The three sat on the bench.

"Hey! That's officer copper to you." He said jokingly, "Mornin', Evelyn. Never gonna stop rainin', is it?" He asked her.

"That's okay, Eugene. These three little dollies are about to give me one of their designer ponchos." She said, "They're garbage bags, Eugene. But you have to put a hole for your head."

"Ah, so you can breathe." The officer said.

"So the garbageman doesn't throw you out." Sophia told him.