girl meets texas part two

"GENTLEMEN, LOOK how lucky you are

"GENTLEMEN, LOOK how lucky you are. You treat 'em right." Pappy Joe said.

Sophia, Maya, and Riley had ventured outside. After the whole Brother Sister thing the group had to separate themselves. It was awkward enough and being in the same room wasn't helping.

"Thank you, Pappy Joe." Sophia smiled.

"I see why you get homesick for Texas sometimes, Lucas. I never knew that the sky had this many stars." Riley said.

Sophia hadn't said much of anything since earlier today and she most likely wasn't going to start now.

"You know what else?" Riley asked when Thomas got up, "I don't get nervous when I'm with you anymore. We're doing the right thing. Ah. Remember when we couldn't even say "hi" to each other? Remember how we'd go, "Hi." "Hi." Remember? Now watch this. Say hi to me."

"Hi."

"Hi, Thomas."

"What up, brah? What's up with you, man? You good? You cool?"

"Hi." He repeated.

"Still got some catching up to do." She muttered.

"Riley, I don't even know what's going on right now."

"What's going on is that we're gonna be the best of friends and care about what each of us has to say for the rest of our lives."

"Yeah, I sort of thought we had that."

"What does brother and sister mean?" He asked.

"It means you know...Poom!" She shouted and hit Thomas in the shoulder.

"Hey!"

"Ping!" She hit him again with equal force.

"Riley!"

"Ha, you said that just like a brother would."

"Well, can I hit you back?"

"No."

"Only you get to hit me?"

"Mm-hmm."

"We're just like how you and Maya were."