girl meets flaws

"GRADUATION AND awards night is coming up

"GRADUATION AND awards night is coming up. I am very proud of this class. Several of you will be recognized for your achievements throughout the year." Mr. Matthews said.

"Awards are a scam! A girl like me never had a chance, Matthews. Never had a chance." Maya said standing up.

"All right, I'll do it, but it's ridiculous. It's a scam, Matthews! She never had a chance!" Riley said.

"Maya will be receiving the Griff Hawkins Totally Cool Award."

Maya grabbed the award and sat down.

"Maya, you just found out you won the Totally Cool Award, yet you just sit there? Oh, you're being cool. Why won't you rub off on me?" Riley asked.

"Sophia, you've won the helpful hand slash problem solver award." Mr. Matthews said.

It warmed Sophia's heart that people thought that she was helpful.

It was something that she appreciated.

Mr. Matthews places the award on her desk.

"And our two finalists for the Scholar-Athlete Award are... Lucas Friar and Billy Ross."

"I hope you're ready for some competition, dude." Billy said.

"Oh, well, you know how I hate competition." Lucas said.

"Not again." Thomas muttered.

"Hey, Golden Boys, you wanna hop down from your cloud of awesomeness? You're making us normals feel bad." Sophia said.

"Yeah. Right after our handshake of awesomeness." Billy told her.

"Every day." Maya said turning back around.

The two of them do their hands shake and the girls paid no mind.

"Girls should have their own handshake of awesomeness." Riley said.

"What would it be?" Sophia asked.