Chapter 5 "Problems"

Basically we spent the whole night trying to beat each-other. It was really fun. Suddenly, while we were playing another round of COD, some petite woman came in, around 35 years old. We both payed attention to her. "Honey, it's time to go to sleep, you have to be up early tomorrow," the woman said looking at Justin. I looked at Justin, then back at her. "And who's this young girl?" "My babe," Justin said, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. I put his hand back to his side, "yeah keep that to yourself."

I walked towards the woman, "hello, I'm Skylar. I'm a friend of Chaz's and Ryan's, and I suppose now, to Justin's too." I smiled warmly and gave my hand out, for her to shake it. She smiled back and shook it, "I'm Justin's mom, Pattie. You have a nice name, Skylar." "Thank you very much!" I chirped and went back to Justin. "Justin, you heard your mother, you need to go to sleep. It's way too past kids bedtime, you should get punished for this." I said, making as serious face as possible. Pattie chuckled and Justin groaned. "By the way, Skylar, where are you staying?" "Here," I simply answered. "With the boys? Didn't you get your own room?" Pattie furrowed her eyebrows. "I did, but I didn't want t stay alone." "Oh, sweetie, you can and stay in my room, I have two bedrooms." "Oh, okay." I smiled, took my suitcase and waited until Pattie kissed Justin's fore-head and said goodnight.

That immidiately made me think about my parents. I remember our usual mornings, when mom made me her delicous breakfast. Dad always getting some sweets after work. I miss that. I wasn't ready to lose them. I'd never be ready to lose them. I didn't even get the chance to kiss them goodbye, because they went to a mall, while I was at school, as dad had a week off on work.

Suddenly, a tear skipped through my eye. I quickly wiped it away. Though, I wasn't able to control the other three tears that also skipped. My sudden crying caught Justins and Patties attention. "What happened, Sky?" Justin ran towards me. "Nothing, just remembered about something," I shook my head, wiping my wet face. "You'll explain this later," Justin said as he went to his bedroom and closed the door after him. "C'mon, Skylar," Pattie made a gesture to follow her.

We walked into, I suppose, her room. She led me to a bedroom, "you can put your suitcase here," she pointed to a place next to a nightstand. "Thank you," my voice still managed to tremble. "Now, sit down please," she said, as she patted a spot next to her on the bed. I did as told and looked down. "Why did you start crying?" "Uh, I've never told this to anyone actually. I always lied about this, because it's too hard for me," I said, not looking up. "What is wrong? Maybe I can help you?" Pattie showed concern. "My parents died 2 years ago, in a car accident. And, when you hugged Justin and all, it just made me remember about my parents, how loving and sweet they were. The worst part is, I didn't get to kiss nor hug them goodbye. It's just, I can't get over it."

"I'm really sorry for you," Pattie hugged me, "This could be your family now. You can call me mom. Chaz, Ryan and Justin can be your brothers. We'll try to give you the best feeling of family as we can, okay?" I finally looked up, "thanks, you're really sweet," I managed to smile. "I'm just trying to help you. Now go to sleep, to clear your mind off of things." She smiled and left the bedroom.

I sighed and did my every night routine.

*

It was 12.34pm and I was all ready for today. I checked myself in the mirror one last time. I was wearing a white tank-top, black skinny jeans, light denim jacket and some accesories, along with my grey Vans. My hair in a messy high pony tail. I fixed myself and went to see Ryan, Chaz and Justin. I got to their room and walked in. I saw Justin on the couch, looking really pissed and Ryan and Chaz were nowhere to be seen.

I shut the door after me, Justin didn't even pay attention. I furrowed my eyebrows and walked towards him, sat down next to him. "Why do you look so pissed?" He didn't answer me, just ignored me. "And why are you ignoring me? I didn't do anything," I narrowed my eyes. "Fucking paparazzi did," he gritted through his teeth. "Okay, we can live life without cursing. What exactly happened?" I was interrupted by Ryan and Chaz coming in. "Hey guys," I said. "Hey, Sky." They said in unsion... again. "What happened to him?" I asked, pointing to Justin. "Oh, one idiot, I mean, paparazzi shouted at him, things like 'fuck off back to America' whilst he was getting out of the hotel," Ryan explained. "Don't repeat that," Justin groaned and rushed to his bedroom, shutting the doors really loud. I gasped. "How stupid is that? I don't even have words. That's disgusting." Chaz nodded, "and so, Justin jumped out of the car, but the body guard held him back, he shouted back, 'I'll fucking beat the fuck out of you'." "Not a surprise, after words like that. Okay, I'll try and talk to him," I said, getting up. "I don't think it'll work, nobody can help at moments like that," Chaz said. "I'm a miracle worker," I smiled and rolled up my sleeves.

I went into his room and he was on his phone. I sat on the edge of his bed. "Listen Justin, what that dude did was disgusting and immature. But I mean, before you got famous, didn't you think there will be times like that? You thought, everything's going to be perfect?" Justin rolled over to look at me, "Actually I did, because I never knew that there are such kind of people. That hurt." "I understand, that it did. But you have to deal with that, if you want to be famous. Do it for your fans." "It's not that easy, when strangers hate you. They think I'm gay, they call my little siblings ugly, and now this." "That's sick. But you can just put a smile on and live on. I've expierenced something worse, so compared to that, this is nothing." "What do you mean?" Justin sat up. "Nothing, nevermind. Just, smile and forget about it. Don't mind those sick people who are obviously jealous of your awesome life and are just looking for attention." "I'll try," Justin looked up at me. "Please. Then at least, do it for me?" I smiled. Justin nodded, "thanks." He tried to put on a smile. "Anytime," I smiled back and hugged him.

My work here was done.