Part four

Phil P.O.V.

I heard a click in the lock and door swinging open, followed by it closing again and some footsteps across the laminate. 

"Honey, I'm home!" 

"Dan?" I laughed and he appeared around the corner, dimples showing from his smile and his hair slightly curly. 

"Who else?" He asked and sat down on the sofa next to me, ruffling my hair and putting his head on my shoulder, watching what I was doing on my laptop. 

"You're in a good mood," I noted, feeling my stomach churn with jealously as I thought about where he'd just been. 

"Yeah, filming was great." 

"Why?" 

"It was just funny, Jamie's a great laugh too," he leaned up and kissed me on the cheek. "You don't need to worry, you know?" 

"I know, I trust you," I knew I hadn't really been acting like it but I was pretty sure I did, maybe I trusted him 99%. I just couldn't get rid of the paranoia in the back of my head, no matter how much I tried how much time passed. "I'm sorry, Dan." 

"What for?" 

"For being so insecure. It's why I can't stop... you know. I do trust you, it's just... I don't know how to describe it." 

"Hey," he said softly and took my laptop off my lap and replaced it with him, putting his arms around my neck. "It's okay, none of it was your fault, I don't deserve your trust anyway," a little bit of sadness entered his eyes and I internally cursed myself for saying anything at all. 

"Why don't we just not mention it again? You know, like a new start? Let's go back to how we used to be, I don't want to argue with you anymore Dan." 

"That's a good idea," he smiled. "Starting from now," and he kissed me passionately, putting in all the feelings he couldn't put into words. We pulled away for air, our foreheads touching and I stared into those gorgeous dark eyes that made me weak at the knees.

"I missed you," I whispered, the defensive Dan Howell had disappeared now and I was left with the one I fell in love with. 

"I missed us," he shifted so he could cuddle into my chest and I kept my arms around him protectively. 

"I swear I'm never going to let us get like that again, I'm in love you, and nothing can change that."