Part five

PJ P.O.V.

I plopped down on the sofa, picking up the cup of tea I had rewarded myself with after clearing up the apartment and waited for Chris to come home. Getting bored I decided to transfer the footage we shot from today onto my Mac and started to rewatch it for something to do. 

I smiled when Dan came into shot, his hair styled ever so perfectly but fixing it constantly, giggling and crossing his arms when he felt self-conscious and there was something wonderful about the way he laughed nervously when I had to stand closely behind him at one point. 

Dan was great company and I had forgotten how much fun he was to be around in the time we hadn't seen each other. I couldn't help but think we were made to feel like we weren't supposed to make a video together, because Jamie raised his eyebrow when I suggested calling Dan and even he looked a little uncertain when he came to the door. 

"PJ?" I heard Chris call me and the front door close some moments later. He shook me out of my dazed state and I realised I had paused the video on me and Dan when I was just about to paint on him and we were smiling at each other. We could've been laughing, but I don't remember what at if we were.

I closed the video and went out the room to welcome him, engulfing him in a hug and he sighed.

"How was work?" I asked and he groaned.

"Good, but I'm exhausted." 

"Go have a bath and I'll make you dinner." 

"You're like a real housewife," he laughed and I rolled my eyes. "Did you do your video?" 

"Yeah, we got Dan over in the end." 

"Oh, how was it?" 

"Pretty great, I'll edit it all tomorrow." 

"Sweet," he let go and kissed me, smiling into it. 

"What was the smirk for?" I asked when we pulled away. 

"You're mine." 

"I guess I am, now go have a bath." 

"Are you trying to get rid of me? I've been out all day!" 

"No, I'm trying to make your life easier. Are you out again tomorrow?" 

"Yeah, sorry." 

"It doesn't matter, I won't be any fun because I'll be editing anyway," I walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge, trying to think of something to cook. 

"Actually, Peej?" 

"Yeah?" 

"Don't worry about dinner, I'm not hungry." 

"Alright, I'll be in bed," I went into the bedroom and changed out of my jumper and jeans into something more comfy and slid under the covers, smiling at the sound of Chris humming in the bath but imagining Dan there next to me.