Just Friends: Chapter 12

Kate's POV

    I turn around, and i'm 100% shocked."You've got to be f****** kidding me!?" I muttered under my breath.Why the bloody hell was Catwomen and Batman standing there?! " I glanced over to Damian, seemed as mad as i was.

 "Well what do we got here Batsy?" I heard my Mother say.

     Me and Damian both Got up as fast as we could. You could barley tell, but you could see Batman glaring at Damian. They started to walk towards us, and i totally started to freak out.

"Fall back" Damian said, I almost didn't get it.

 "What!?" I said super loudly.

  "Fall Back!" He whisper yelled and he threw down one of those smoke pellet things. 

    He grabbed my hand and all of a sudden we were free falling off of Wayne Productions. i was scared at that moment, his grip on my hand tightened. The ground was getting closer and closer. He was quick and grabbed his grappling gun. and we were swinging from building to building.

  "Uh, let's go back to my place...My mom won't be home for a while, she'll probably still be messing with Batman." I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"Alright then, back your house we go" he said,almost with a little joy in his tone. and we started going towards my house.

      We went through my bedroom window. We both sighed as i shut my window leaving it unlocked, just in case. I plopped down on my bed and Damian soon followed. 

"My Mother is so going to kill me after tonight." i sighed.

"My Father is probably going to discipline me."  I he said under his breath.

"Wait?!your Father is Batman!??!!??!" i said sitting straight up.

"Uh...." He said putting his hands up before i put a finger to his lips.

      "Someone is coming" I wispier.

     I point to my closet, he nods, and quickly goes to hide in my closet. I sit down on my bed, Then i hear foot steps coming to my location. I quickly rush over to the closet, and wispier for only him to hear.

"Don't believe any thing she says, I'm going to lie my way out of this." 

The foot steps were getting closer so i hopped on my bed to act natural.

       I heard a few slight  knocks on my door."Come in" I said quietly, and my Mother stood there in my door way...Out of costume.

"What do you need me for Mother?" I asked nervously.

"Were you speaking with Robin?" She glared at me.

"Of course not, the only reason i even speak to him is so that i can get to him and find out his identity!" I said back trying to sound as confident as possible. 

      " I see what your doing here" she said with a smirk.

"Uh what?" I tried to sound unimpressed. 

"You will not speak with that boy nor befriend him. Understood?" she growled.

"Yes Mother Dear..." I said crossing my fingers behind my back.

      She turned around and left the room. But i wasn't done exploring Gotham yet. I opened my closet, and ushered Damian to follow me. We went out to the balcony.

"So was everything you said truly a lie?" he said looking over to me.

 " Oh course, your my only real friend, and If i was telling the truth to my Mother... I would have gave you away." i said looking down at the ground.

"So are you kicking me out now?" he said looking over to me with a smirk. 

"But we're not done exploring yet!" i said in a baby voice.

"Then what are we waiting for?!" He said grabbing my wrist. 

    We jumped off my balcony and we jumped from building to building as he showed me Gotham. it's Just beautiful, Minus all the crime. It was late at night and we were just sitting on the roof of my house,Talking,Like just how regular friends Talk.

"So do you have a boyfriend?" He asked glancing over in my direction.

 I just started laughing so hard i almost fell off the roof of my house.

"Me?!----Boyfriend?!---" I said in between laughs.

"I'll take that as a no then" He said and almost gave in to the laughing. But some how managed to stay serious.

 "Well I should go to bed, so i'm not a total zombie by morning." i giggled.

"Yea your right, I should too." He said with a sigh.

"Thanks for showing me Gotham, and i hugged him tightly, I didn't really feel what Damian did. i realized what i was doing and i let go and lightly punched his arm.

"See you tomorrow old chum!" I laughed and swiftly went back through my bedroom window.

Damian's POV

    I knew when i would get home, I would get a stern talking to my Father for sneaking out but it was totally worth it. I need to get some lady advice from Dick. I already know what i'm getting her for her birthday: A box of chocolates and a gold necklace with Kate carved into it. I mean we're just friends and all. But she's different, like not a bad one, a good one. She looks past my rich father and looks at me as a normal person. That's what it was... But just a reminder we are obviously  JUST FRIENDS!!!!!