In The End: Chapter 25

Damian's POV

    I laid there on the ground looking up to the sky. The sun was setting and I needed to do something fast! I need to figure out a way to save Kyle, before it's to late. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called Grayson, hoping that he would answer, and 9 times out of 10 he would always answer.

"Hey Little D! What's up!" You could hear how cheerful he was.

"Grayson! Kyle! She was taken!" I shouted through the phone.

"Oh no! What happened?!" His tone when from cheery to worried.

"No time to explain! get to my location as fast as you can!"

"Ok! On my way Little D!" He shouted. and with that he hung up.

    After a few minutes passed, of me lying helplessly on the ground, the feeling in my legs came back. I sprung up to my feet, and I quickly put my Robin suit over my clothing.I then pulled out my tracking device. The 'Kate' Necklace she wears all the time has a microscopic tracker in it. It took a few seconds to trace where she was and it turns out she's in a... ware house that had been abandoned for years. I had different emotions come over me, but i ignored them and continued to wait for Grayson. As soon as I looked up from the tracer, Grayson's motorcycle pulled up. I quickly hopped on and gave him the location.  We got there with in 5 minutes. We didn't have time to stand up the bike. We just hopped off, and let it fall to the ground. We headed towards the ware house. We kicked down the rusty old doors and quickly made out way in.

    It was a big open room,everything was dark, one dim light bulb lighting the area. Under the light bulb, was Britney. Sitting in a old wooden chair with a crooked smile plastered on her face. She narrowed her eyes when she saw us, standing there. Clueless of what was about to happen.

"Oh how long I've waited to do this..." She smiled even wider.

"Where's Kyle!" I demanded.

"Well all you had to do was ask!" Her smile slightly fading.

    She held up her right arm, and with one simple snap, the whole ware house lit up. We saw a rather small tank that had Kyle inside. She was sitting down against the wall covering her face. Slade was right beside her holding a sword, gently tapping the glass. My eyes widened. I tried my best to show no emotion, like I wasn't upset that Kyle was trapped here.

"Let her go!" I demanded, squeezing my fists together.

"That's going to be a problem..." Britney smirked.

"Just let her go!" Nightwing chimed in.

"You see, we didn't just bring her here, for you to defeat us, then happy ending for you.." Her smile completely gone. "There's going to be a happy ending for us this time! The reason we brought Kate here, was so she can die! With her out of the way..There can be a me and you Damian!" She screeched.

"There will never be a me and you!" I protested.

"Yes there will! and once she is dead...we'll be together forever..." she pointed to the tank that held Kate.

    I was done talking.  I ran up to her with my fist held high in the air ready to fight. She slowly stood up from the small wooden chair, and got in a fighting stance. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Nightwing fighting Slade, to keep him other wise occupied, while I fight Britney. I threw various punches and kicks at her, but she blocked them easily, she gave me one solid kick to my side, making me stumble back a few steps. I was letting anger take over my fighting, I needed to calm down, so I would have a chance to save Kyle from this.