Intro and Chapter One

© Copyright to Mouki21

Intro

“... why don't you love me Angus?” my best friend Ian begged as he looked up at me with his head in my lap and his body taking up the rest of the couch I was sitting on as I stroked his soft golden hair with my hand.

“Must we go through this every Friday night?” I whined but was grinning.

“But you never say you love me...” he sobbed.

“Because it's weird for two guys to tell each other they love each other okay?” I sighed, brushing my scruffy ginger hair back with one hand.

“No...” Ian hissed, horrified so much so he actually got off my lap and turned around to gasp at me further.

“Oh don't be so dramatic,” I rolled my eyes and tried to concentrate on the movie we were watching as it flickered away on the screen, trying to grab our attention. Ian wasn't going to let that happen.

“I can't believe you, you- (he poked his finger at me and snarled)- would ever saying something so hurtful in all my life,” Ian sobbed, putting one hand to his heart and closing his eyes, letting his lower lip tremble. I couldn't help myself, he was just too cute sometimes. I reached out and grabbed him, pulling him on top of me and hugging him tightly. He curled up against me and sighed.

“When will you accept my feelings for you?” he mumbled, I knew it was rhetorical, but it left a aching in the pit of my stomach that I desperately wanted to heal. I wanted to make Ian happy, I really did. I don't know what was wrong with me, why couldn't I fall in love with him? I tried being more than friends, but my heart just wasn't in it. Ian was happy to get my body, but he knew he didn't have my heart or mind. And that's what killed me most of all; the sadness in his eyes when he lay beside me on nights he stayed over.

 Part One – The Beginning.

 Chapter One.

I stood resting against the wall outside the east entrance of the shopping mall with my hands in my pockets. Ian was sitting cross-legged against the wall at my feet flicking through the comic he'd just bought.

“Whoa, check it,” he cooed and held the comic out to me. I shook my head, noticing the school rural bully and his mates pull up in a car not too far off. They were sure to see us and start something. The leader, a tall dark haired boy called Duncan, stepped out of the driver's first. He was two years older than Ian and I, and much stronger, tougher and buffer. He had moved to this area about a year ago, and from day one had made my life hell. I don't know what it was, but he seemed to especially enjoy picking on me, above everyone else. I was glad he seemed to ignore Ian when I was around. Ian was so lanky and pale, sometimes I wonder if he was put into direct sunlight, he'd burst into flaming sticks. The rest of Duncan's mob slid from the car and they started up cigarettes before trudging over in their baggy pants and stained T-shirts. It seemed the infamous leader was the only one who didn't smoke and wore clean-ish clothes, though they were often covered in motor oil. Ian was too submerged in his new comic to notice them advancing. The second to Duncan was nicknamed Target, and he was probably the worst of them all. He had almost bald short bleached blonde hair, I think he was trying to copy Eminem or something. He's who spoke first now.

“Oh look, it's a bunch of fags,” he sneered.

“Go die of AIDS somewhere else,” another spat. By now they had reached me and were sort of circled around Ian and I. Ian closed his book and stood. I knew he was about to retort so I cut in.

“What's your problem?” I asked calmly.

“Don't be smart you little freak, you think you can talk back to us?” Target barked.

“Got something against talking? Or can't your idiotic mind comprehend such a difficult question?” I said, one eyebrow raised. By this point I had sidestepped ever so slightly so that I was half in front of Ian, who still stood against the wall. I could feel his anger seeping off of him.

“How dare you,” one of the others cried and moved forward, lashing out and punching me in the side of my face. My head snapped round and I tasted blood from where I had just bitten the inside of my cheek.

“Don't touch him,” Ian shouted and tried to move past me. But I was stronger than him and I put my hand on his chest to hold him back. Slowly I turned to face them.

“Getting your boyfriend to fight your battles hey faggot?” Target laughed. I was surprised Duncan hadn't said anything by this point, but I didn't care.

“If I was you I wouldn't be messing with me,” I spat blood onto the concrete floor. Target and the others laughed.

“Oh yeah, what's a princess like you going to do about it?” Target jeered.

“Because if you're not careful,” I grinned, “I'll wait until you're all alone, sneak up on you and rape you from behind and spread my AIDS.” No one had to say anything after that. The disgust and horror was plain on all their faces. The same guy as before was the only one to act. He lunged forward again and this time his fist made contact with my gut, the wind was knocked out of my and I curled forward onto my knees. My kneecaps cracked as they slammed into the concrete.

“Hey,” a security guard who happened to of turned around the corner at that time, now came rushing over.

“Move it,” I heard Duncan order and then running feet. Ian bent down and put his arm around me.

“Are you okay?” he asked.

“Fine,” I coughed, trying to regain my breath.

“Mangy kids,” the guard fumed as he reached us. “You alright kid?” I looked up to see him looking back at me, his eyes a little concerned but mostly furious. I nodded and let Ian help me to my feet again.

“Best be moving on then,” the guard nodded.

“I’ll drive,” Ian smiled and walked me over to my own car. When we reached it he fished in my pants for my keys, taking a little too long in the front ones. It didn’t bother me though, I was fairly easy going.

“You should’ve let me handle it,” I coughed once we were both in the car and Ian had started the engine.

“Douches, they make me sick,” Ian spat and slammed my car’s gear stick in reverse.

“Easy, I saved up hard for this car,” I warned idly. Those two punches had really knocked it out of me. But I’d had worse, much worse.

“Sorry,” Ian mumbled grumpily. The rest of the drive home was in agonising silence.

Tell me what you think guys? Tut tut tut! And why Duncan suddenly so quiet towards Angus? All will be revealed kikiki