Chapter Six and Seven

(chapter six is so short i thought i'd chuck in seven as well XD)

Chapter Six

Ian was sprawled out across my lap while he reached up and played with my glasses. I was leaning over him but looking across to the school over the fence. When we wagged we always came to the abandoned yard of the old hut near the school. It was well known around the school that Ian and I visited this spot, so no one dared come here in case they walked into ‘something’. Stupid god fear'ers. As if we’d risk doing it at school. The thought made me laugh.

“You have nice eyes,” Ian said. I looked down at him to see him wearing my glasses. They magnified his eyes and made him look like an owl.

“Whoo,” I said and then laughed.

“Huh?” Ian’s brow furrowed together and his nose crinkled in confusion.

“Don’t worry,” I smiled. But then my face became serious. It was only half an hour until I had to meet Duncan. Who knows what was going to happen. Maybe this would be the last time I’d see Ian, in case I became a paraplegic, or a vegetable. I sensed Ian knew something was up, but he didn't say anything, nor did he ask and I was glad for that.

Chapter Seven

When I stopped behind the gym once the bell had gone and the majority of the students had gone home. I began to think Duncan wasn't coming. There was no sign of his mates, which made me a little hopeful. If Duncan didn't show, he probably wouldn't come looking for me. Or at the worse he'd reschedule, right?

“So you aren't as chicken as I thought,” that rough familiar and terrifying voice chuckled. I whirled round to see Duncan leaning against the corner of the wall with his arms crossed over his chest. He was wearing a black tank top and his school pants, the effect showed off his rippled muscular chest and arms and I swallowed hard.

“Let's just get this over with,” I gulped.

“Don't get cocky,” Duncan grinned, pushing off the wall and starting towards me carefully. Why was he smiling? Was he a sadist? I braced myself, even though he was walking slow. My hands clenching and unclenching by my side. There was a strange prickly feeling on the back of my neck that I didn't like. When Duncan spoke it almost sounded... kind? It certainly wasn't negative, despite the taunt. It had to be a mind game, he was trying to get me to relax and feel comfortable before he struck. Duncan began to circle me, he was a metre away now. I watched him with a frown, careful to keep him in sight, but he was still grinning.

“What are you waiting for? Need your sheep?” I jeered. Remind me again why I was taunting him? I guess I also wanted this to be over. I had a feeling that whatever happened today would end it all. He stopped in front of me, squaring me off. Duncan was taller, buffer, I was sure to lose.

“Your such a four-eyes,” he laughed. He wasn't going to have the power. I lashed out, swinging my balled fist through the air and hitting his across his jaw. His head only trembled a little, instead of turning away like I normally did. His smile was wiped away.

“You really hate me huh?” he said so softly. I wasn't sure if I'd heard him, but what I heard was sad. My breath was so coarse and my breathing was heavy; my heartbeat pounding in my ears.

“Huh?” I shook my head and little, taking a step back. That's where Duncan saw his opportunity. He reached out. Both his arms wrapping around my chest, I knew he would crush me, cracking my ribs and puncturing my lungs. I closed my eyes and waited for it. But before I had a chance to wonder why his grip was in fact a lot softer... he kissed me. His lips weren't like Ian or Mr. Langley's, they were clumsy but strong.

“NOOO!” and the sound seemed to of come from me. With strenght greater than I thought I could possess, I shoved Duncan away from me. He stumbled backwards, tripped over his own feet, and landed on his butt with his face frozen and his lips slightly parted. I turned on my heels and ran as fast as I could and didn't look back.