Chapter Eighteen and Nineteen

Chapter Eighteen.

“Angus, you came,” someone shouted through the crowd. I turned to see Ian rushing towards me with a giant stick of fairy floss in one hand. He flung his arms around my neck and I held his waist.

“Yeah, after nearly another panic attack,” I laughed, but Ian didn't.

“Huh?” Ian asked, his cute little face confused as always.

“I woke up and everyone was gone, no note, nothing. I called everyone but no one picked up. So I went to yours and your house was empty. The whole town was empty. I'd completely forgotten about the festival,” I chuckled. I was such an idiot.

“Now who's the stupid one,” Ian badgered, poking his cute little round tongue out.

“Poke your tongue out and I'll bite it off,” I told Ian, he sucked it back in, “And I've never called you stupid.”

“I know,” he grinned evilly, grabbed my hand with his free hand and dragged me through the crowd.

Chapter Nineteen.

Ian rolled over onto me and grinned. I only knew he was grinning because I could see the white of his teeth in the dark.

“What are you doing tomorrow?” he asked me. I was laying on my back with my hands behind my head starring that the roof.

“I might wonder into one of the schools and check out the campus,” I mumbled. I didn't really want to think about it.

“I meant when I finish school,” Ian chuckled. He was still grinning.

“Maybe,” I said. I had intended to see if I could find Duncan, just to make sure he was okay.

“Okay,” Ian mumbled and rested the side of his head against my chest. His cheek was cold even through my T-shirt. I stroked his hair again. I did that a lot, but doing it seemed to soothe me. I should probably stop leading Ian on.

(thanks to all those of you who have read my story this far XD) so chuffed ;)