Bookstore

You wake up still thinking about your moment with Dean that happened days ago, the night when you went out to get burgers. You had caught him looking at you in the car. It was nothing to overthink but you couldn't help it. You can't forget how those green, tired eyes looked at you, how he wanted to say something but couldn't. The green eyes were in your dreams every night, when you don't have nightmares... What was he going to say that night? Could it be... But maybe you were just overthinking and exaggerating things again. You only know each other for a few days. These were the things that you were a stranger to. You are a hunter; you shouldn't be close with anyone. You can't be... You remind yourself this and find courage to get up from the bed.

Winchesters were already up. "Don't you guys ever sleep?" You yawn loudly. "Are we still going with the same plan?" You ask as you look around for coffee.

"Yes. I will get in the bookstore and watch around. Then when everybody left, you'll come from the back door and we will get the demons to interrogate. There aren't many of them in the bookstore and it is far from the city center but we still might alarm the others." Sam lets out a breath, looking at the map. He seems very serious.

You sit down with your mug in your hand. "OK." You are having hard time to wake up. "Ugh! I can't wake up!" You suddenly yell, because even this simple plan is complicated for you right now. This may be your only "non-hunter" side. You love sleeping and can't get awake if it's not an alarm situation.

They are both startled by your sudden yell. You close your eyes back. It's like sun is burning your eyes, you are definitely meant to live at night.

"Look who's not a morning person." You can feel Dean's smile even your eyes closed but all the reaction you can give is a small punch on his shoulder.

"I feel like you are not taking this serious. If we make noise or one of them escapes, we're screwed." Sam scolds you.

"Geez, mom." You say, your eyes still closed. You can hear Dean's small chuckle and you smile after that. Sam takes a deep breath and you can almost see him waving his hand in the air in a "complaining" way.

Feeling a little bit more awake, you hold you e/c eyes on Sam's and respond in a cold tone "If you really think that I would let one of them escape my torture, you haven't known me a bit in the last couple of days, Sam." No one speaks after your sudden explanation. But not long after a few minutes, you feel very bad that you acted like that and sit next to Sam. "I'm sorry. I hate them more than anyone. They murdered my whole family." You explain quickly. Sam opens his mouth to say he was sorry but you get up. "I know..." You walk to the bathroom to hide your tears from them. The past will never stop hunting you.

*

In order not to draw attention, you get in your car with Dean and wait for Sam's call. You can see that Dean is nervous but he is trying to hide it.

"He is going to be fine." You say while looking at his worried face. "I know..." You know he cares about his brother a lot, ignoring that Sam is a very skilled hunter too.

After moments of silence, as the people get in and out in the bookstore, Dean suddenly starts talking. "My dad usually weren't at home. He went after the demon with the yellow eyes, to hunt it down." He paused for a moment. You realize Dean is just like you, still couldn't get over the past despite years. "That thing killed my mother." You turn your eyes to Dean, who's still not looking at you. "It was always me and Sammy. I raised him and I almost lost him once. I know he is a huge guy and a good hunter..." He stopped talking. "But you have to protect him, I know." You say in a low tone and slightly squeeze his warm hand.

You pull your hand to wipe away the tear on your cheeks secretly. "It's almost time." You say this to distract both of you. After all you are on a hunt now and you have to follow your instincts, not your emotions.

After loading yourself up with holy waters and salt, you slowly walk towards the back door. At the door you hand Dean a blade. "Kills demons, special edition." You say and smirk. "Where did you get these?" He seems to know the blade. "I "borrowed" it from a demon." You air quote and smirk again.

But your smile fades away when you hear footsteps. You slowly open the door and get in. You can hear that they are getting suspicious of Sam. You walk behind the desks with Dean. He is waiting for a good time to get out. You tell him to stop by moving your lips and suddenly jump on one of the desks.

"Good evening."

The demons eyes are all black now, thinking that Sam is a simple human for them. You can see the shock in Sam's face.

The demons turn their black eyes to you and that moment Sam grabs the fat one and Dean shots him. You get the blade Dean throw you in the exact second and throw it to the tall, buffy one and you can see the lights running through his body. Dean and Sam get the other one together. However the girl throws them to wall before they could reach to her too. You seem interestingly quiet and calm, even though you don't even have a proper weapon.

"I don't have any weapon to kill you but I am definitely going to kill you." Your voice is deep and threatening now.

"You think you are good, huh?" She almost hisses at you. "Among all the hunters, why would you be different? Do you know h-"

"I truly don't understand why you guys love talking this much." You interrupt the bitch holding the Winchesters on the wall. "Let them go." You don't move your eyes from her. The girl laughs but it sounds like she was choking.

She lifts her hand and tries to push you to the wall too. When that doesn't work out, she just stares with shock. You take this advantage and drop all the salt you have in your hand through her throat and whisper old Latin spells. "Now who's laughing? She can't leave the body, don't worry." You smirk to Sam and Dean, and then tie the demon's hands. Sam and Dean fall of the wall, looking a little bit dizzy.

They turn their confused eyes to you. "Surprise." You say and try to pull the demon. "Are you princesses going to help me carry this body?" Sam slowly comes next to you and grabs the demon. "She is numb for a while, we can take her to the warehouse and interrogate." You point out the backseat to Sam. "Aww, aren't they look like an angel while they are sleeping?" You ask with irritation and despise in your voice as you look at the demon.

"What was that?" Dean seems more than angry than confused now, as he sits next to you in the car. "You can jump like that! Not when you are with us! We are a team!" His voice is going up.

You turn your eyes to his grass green ones. "No one was hurt. You saw that they don't have an effect on me. At least not usual ones. Anyway, it was fine." You are way calmer compared to Dean and Sam, who is next to a demon on the backseat.

"You are not going to do this again." Dean repeats with a lower but a more determined voice.